Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

3. Admiral_Young

4. Admiral_Young

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Finished Captain Marvel #2...a little bit of a drop off from the first issue (possibly only because Spider-Man is missing from the book ;) but otherwise this was interesting. We get an answer why there is World War II iconography being used in this issue as well. Looks like Carol is finally accepting her new role and name. I'm assuming that this takes place some time after the events of Avengers Vs X-Men, since Carol is not wearing her new costume in that book or any of it's tie-ins I believe. It's too self contained though to really tell. I'll be continuing with this book. McCormick writes a great Carol. The art takes a bit getting used to...but it's not bad.

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I find there to be something off with Captain Marvel. Like its a rejected and repurposed Wonder Woman pitch.

6. Admiral_Young

7. Admiral_Young

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  8. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I dunno I was almost thinking more female Green Lantern with the whole space alien origins and such. Y'know I never really put two and two together, but Carol Danvers is basically a female Hal Jordan - but a female Hal Jordan that actually did something with his flying skills besides become a test pilot.

I'm still in love with Carol "Captain Ms. Marvel" Danvers and you can't change that :drool:

Although what I am worried about with the inclusion of Rogue - are they going to trot out that hoary old saw about "Oh woe is me, Rogue was such a bitch when she was a KID and took my powers and memories... yadda yadda." because the way things are now - she's got memories and feelings about pretty nearly everything she remembers, so let it go. It's almost as bad as Tony going to AA meetings every few issues. I mean my GOSH, he had ONE FRICKIN' BOTTLE of booze in front of Odin and a few pints of Ale in Asgard and suddenly he's like "omigosh I'm such a bad alcoholic."

I hate AA's "I'm Tony and I'm an alcoholic." like... no Tony you aren't. You're a "former alcoholic." you grew up. You learned new substitutions for the booze. You learn moderation. Fuck, if you can create an arc reactor out of nothing, you can beat booze.

9. Admiral_Young

10. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^I cant wait for this horrific arc to end. Quite possibly the worst Iron Man story(and I have them all) since they turned him into a teenager.

11. Admiral_Young

It's that bad eh? Well...as I've said before I haven't bothered with Fraction's Iron Man since the end of Secret Invasion. Probably a little prior to that actually.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't Fractions run start out good though? I thought I remembered people really liking some of the stuff around that came out around the time of the movies.

13. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah, it started off really good. but after Tony rebooted his brain its went from blah to terrible. i just wish this current arc would end. its just dragged on for months and months.

14. Admiral_Young

It was awesome for a long time...then it wasn't. Shinzon is correct...it was around the brain boot that it started to suck and I lost interest.

15. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

If Remender's gone from X-Force, I'm done reading it.

Although if Remender is going to inject his politics into Uncanny Avengers, I can't say I'm too thrilled about that either.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40469

16. Admiral_Young

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Being his idea is a bit stupid at face value is it not?
    A lot, if not most of his rage was at being used, betrayed and placed into the Weapon X project. He may indeed have that inner berserker anyway but that was always good reason and motivation for that chip on his shoulder.

18. Admiral_Young

Pretty much why I've ignored the book...aside from Daken, most of which has been introduced in this book has been stupid in my opinion, and I don't think much of Daken either.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well there are side effects to most human testing.

Although, he got all his memories back in House of M.

WHAM.

No Amnesia.

but he's living the wrong life.

Then he's zapped by Layla Miller and he's got his old life back, and his new life and still no amnesia.

Nothing should be a surprise to him any more.

Although he's still laconic.

Yes, I too have been avoiding Wolverine for years.

Thing, is with a classical privileged 19th century education, he's probably pretty damn qualified to be the headmaster of a school, then of course if he just taught languages he'd be fine, not that the telepaths just don't down load language packets into poeples heads making his decades of accidentally learning shit redundant.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm actually enjoying Iron Man for the first time since Dark Reign, the story is actually going somewhere big.