*Spock/Zachary Quinto Appreciation Zone*

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cassy4, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Etched

Etched Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It is fantastic news for Zach. I love Gershwin, I love Spielberg so I'm already really looking forward to this. Let's just hope Spielberg does decide to direct and doesn't pass to do one of the other projects he's got lined up.

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh damn, the Gershwin news already broke here! Serves me right for being slow. :rommie: Here's the DHD story on it. Terrific news, great idea for a movie! I'd watch a Gershwin biopic even if Tom Arnold was cast as the lead.

3. Wynterhawk

Wynterhawk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How coincidental. I was just listening to Michael Feinstein's Gershwin album a few days before I heard this film was coming up. I think ZQ could pull off the look of the era, but will we buy his musical talent? Probably. Though, I am looking forward to how he and the director will handle the cancer that killed the man. Mmm, I can smell the angst.

4. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Count me in as a QSpock fan! Oddly enough I'm not that keen on him as Sylar or for that matter as himself. But he sure cleans up nicely as a Vulcan...

5. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

Do you not like Zachary Quinto I think he is a great actor.

6. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

I find him much more appealing as Spock too. It's a shame he's so hard to look at w/o the Spock ears though! ;)

7. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

I think Zach is amanzing actor, and to metion hot! Anyways, I actually ment Zach (I know I've said it many times but I cant help it!) and he was really nice and sweet,and even was hotter in person!:drool: He also has amanzing voice, it just makes you melt! I can't wait to see him as Spock again in the next movie.

8. startrekrcks

What was it like to meet Zachary, in my opinion I would love to meet Chris Pine he would be so incredible to meet what do you think?

9. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

I think Zach's a amazingly talented and handsome man. As Spock, however, he just doesn't do it for me. It's like he de-sexifies himself or something. :alienblush::lol:

10. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

The fact that Spock's not supposed to be sexy is what does it for me. There he is all prim with his utilitarian haircut and intimidating intelligence, and you just know he's an animal underneath. ;) He's a challenge-- what must you do to break that stoic exterior? Granted, nuSpock flipped his lid pretty easily, but under normal circumstances (normal being not a day during which his planet was blown up), I assume he's enticingly resistant to any sort of emotional goading.

Eh, I'm a weird girl, what can I say.

11. startrekrcks

I can't wait to see more of Spock in the sequel because Zachary was great in Star Trek don't you agree

12. NileQT87

NileQT87 Commander Red Shirt

Speaking of Gershwin... I love the song Swanee. I just got myself a gorgeous Judy Garland version of the song (it's also part of the minstrel show segment in Babes on Broadway with Mickey Rooney on banjo--it's amazing, despite some not being able to put it in a historical context). Being a fan of Judy and Mickey, Gershwin ends up getting name-checked or sung constantly in their movies ("I like a Gershwin tune, how about you?").

Swanee is easily my favorite piece of Gershwin's music. And of course, from Gershwin's era, it was the kind of song Al Jolson would sing.

I'm genuinely excited for ZQ's involvement in this film. He has a look that, IMO, makes him an excellent fit for period pieces. The 1920s setting with the musicals, orchestral and operatic music will be gorgeous.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  13. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

Reply to startrekrcks,
    Well I didnt get much time to talk to him, because afterall it was a convetion and other people was waiting for pictures and autographs. But the time I was with him was great. He was really sweet and very much down to earth. He really enjoyed meet fans no matter if it was his fans from his other projects or the movie, he just loves all his fans. And I tell you he really showed how much he loves and apprecaites them. He is one of kind you could say. Anyways, I love to meet Chris Pine if given the chance, because he is my other favorite as well.

14. KobayashiMaru13

KobayashiMaru13 Captain Captain

i envy you! I would love to meet Zach! :devil:

15. startrekrcks

Wonder what Chris Pine is like to his devoted fans

16. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

That was actually a very large part of Spock as Nimoy portrayed him. Love them both!!!

17. KobayashiMaru13

Pics! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this must be his anti-stalker/papparazi outfit. ;)

18. KobayashiMaru13

and all of that is what added to his appeal! ;)

19. Wynterhawk

Wynterhawk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ahhh, I have been missing seeing his face. So pretty. :eek:

20. Etched

Etched Rear Admiral Rear Admiral