The Official Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Word up.

Jon1701 here. Been posting on and off for about 5 years in this place, most of which in the dangerous world of FoT, which now seems like a Ghost town with the advent of this forum.

Took a month or so off to recharge my dilithium batteries (my head was spinning in all things Trek), but now i'm back. I'm not used to posting this high up the board, but the new smilies are nice...

Dammit, when are they casting Kirk? Has Chris Evans not said yes yet? ;)

2. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

hi you all..
    welcome to chance and garth the posting and not
    lurking can be contagious.
    :)

some how i have a feeling about a year out they will announce the kirk casting.

3. V

V Commodore Commodore

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste"

I've been watching Trek since almost as soon as I could stand ~1990ish and I watched all the way through until Enterprise's final episode. Yes, despite Berman and Braga's claims, there were really fans that watched all that time.

I hope we can rebuild it, rebuild Star Trek.

4. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

About me: Married, 34 until my next birthday, live in Minnesota and work in manufacturing.

Been a Trek fan since TNG's 'Decent pt. II' and haven't looked back since. Would put DS9 as my favorate followed by TNG and ENT (no bashing) but it's hard because I seem to just love Trek, period. Joined the BBS last year and have been working on a Trek series of my own that I am writing but have been side trakced by something called carcinoid syndrom which is basically cancer. Slow growing and managable but it's still cancer and scared the hell out of me. However I intend to finish my little novel and post it on a website I am working on as well as beat this. As Will Riker once said, 'I plan to live forever'.

5. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

HI. I'm Tristan. I have been a member for 42 Vorlon minutes and have a giant ham in my bathroom to nibble on. I like TOS, like TNG, like DS9, very iffy on Voyager and, oh, Enterprise sucks, IMNSBHO.

I welcome this new era in Trek and hope they fuck with Enterprise so much that those who worship the "lady" as transcendent all explode. :thumbsup:

6. Tyberius

Tyberius Commander Red Shirt

Hi, I'm Tyberius. Mostly lurker. Been watching ST since TOS reruns and cartoons. I have watched TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT since EP1. I have not watched all of DS9 since it was on at a weird time slot when it was originally broadcast. I have watched all the other series' in their entirety.

I'm not really a fan of any of the fiction (never really read any of it - plenty of other stuff on my to-read list)

My nick was given to me by a friend of mine over 10 years ago (I don't know whose spelling it was - mine or his)

7. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am the Q for whom we are all thankful.

8. Kokomo

Kokomo Commander Red Shirt

What's up everybody, I'm Kokomo. For me, Star Trek is the ultimate escape. I was exposed to it as a child watching reruns and have been in love with it ever since. While I do very much enjoy DS9, Voyager and even Enterprise, my favorites were TOS and TNG. My favorite episodes are "Balance of Terror" and "The Doomsday Machine" - they are Star Trek at its best! I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for the new movie that is coming out - I am gonna be the first one in line to see it! One thing is for sure - no matter what happens, I am a Star Trek fan for life!

This is Captain Kokomo signing off...

9. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

good luck in your battle.
    tell the cancer to go jump into a blackhole.
    :p

welcome v,tyberius and kokomo.

10. Basill

Basill Captain Captain

Hello, I'm Basill (actually my all time favorite herb, and my dead cat's name- R.I.P.)

I work in a library and play in 3D modeling as a hobby. I love a wide variety of examples from the Sci-fi and Superhero genres, with a touch of Fantasy for flavoring (a little goes a long way.) Star Wars was my first love as a child but Star Trek took over as I matured, and the two pretty much hold the mantle of my heart to this day, though the pendulum swings back and forth depending on the season. Having an imagination and the good fortune of being a cherry picker has allowed me to find joy in all branches of Trek. I am happy to finally have an avatar. :D <reactivating cloak. return to lurk mode>

11. Elmo Dukat

Elmo Dukat Guest

Even though I'm not a newbie, I want to say to everyone here that I started becoming active on TBBS after the end of Enterprise, which means my time here has been completely active-Trek-less :eek:

So in terms of something new coming out, I'm a n00b :D

The last time I was able to chat on a BB about new Trek was back in the mid 90s on the AOL Trek Message Boards. ;)

12. STARTREK11

STARTREK11 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Look up "flaxseed oil cottage cheese cancer", "blood electrification","geipe" in google.

or you can just trust the doctors and just stick with chemo.

13. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I guess I'll write a little something as there are alot of posters in this forum I don't know very well. :)

I am PKTrekGirl and I've been a member of TrekBBS since mid-2001, although I lurked for a long time before that.

I'm been mod of the DS9 forum for almost 5 years - the only forum on TrekBBS where all the people who have ever been mod of the forum are still mod of the forum. Very low turn-over in there. :lol:

I'm been a Trek fan since I was a toddler (my mother watched it), and I like all the Trek shows to varying degrees - although DS9 is my favorite by a long, long way. My second favorite is either TOS or VOY (depending upon the day), and ENT comes after that. TNG is my least favorite, for a number of reasons which I won't go into here.

But my feeling is 'to each their own'...and as long as I have my DVDs, I am perfectly happy if other posters do not agree with my taste. Everyone, after all, has a right to be wrong. :lol: (J/K!!!!! No PMs please! :lol: )

My other favorite scifi shows are Babylon 5 (a very close second to DS9), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, (and yes, I LOVE the third season), and Doctor Who. But I also like Firefly, the Stargate shows, and many other things. I also love Heroes, but tend to require any show to have three or more seasons under it's belt before I declare it one of my favorites.

I'm also a huge fan of classic film, and watch alot of TCM. I prefer films from the 1920's through the 1940's...but I'll give anything a try.

Personally, I am a CPA and work for a Fortune 100 company which you have to have lived under a rock to have not heard of. Boring as hell, but it's a living.

That's pretty much it.

14. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    1910s. Film makes its first bold forays as art in America and Italy. 1920s. Weimar Germany and Soviet Russia. Film reached near perfection. Then the Dane Carl Theodor Dreyer made The Passion of Joan of Arc. Film achieved perfection.

Really, everything's been going downhill since there...

;)

Only sporadically involved in this forum. Started up in the TrekBBS in Dec. 2000, then working under the name Kegg. Left somewhere around 2002-03, came back this year, partly because of this new movie deal.

15. Flavius

Flavius Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi there, I'm Cartmere.

I have been visiting since the late nineties and finally got myself an account after I moved to the US in 2002, my first one that is.
    I don't spent much time here. Having a quite demanding job and three sons, and a wife, being an engineer and all - the day has only so many hours.
    I remember, though, having a lot of fun with this board. There are interesting people here, and the new movie lured me back. Kind of.
    I'm a longtime fan, since TOS. But TNG is my favorite. DS9 has grown on me quite a bit, though.

Enterprise I found simply abysmal. Some of you may know me from the lounges as flavius.

16. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey folks, I'm archeryguy1701...
    I'm a college student and have been a Star Trek fan for as long as I remember. I've been a BBS lurker for over 5 years now, but finally needed to signup earlier today.
    I loved DS9 and thought ENT was good and getting better. While I'm a little worried about the movie, I am definately looking forward to it. I enjoy any quality Sci-fi, and some of my other favs include Firefly, Stargate, and Jericho. I look forward to finally getting involved on these boards!

17. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Welcome to the forum, guys! Hope you enjoy yourself! :)

18. ViveLaFrance

ViveLaFrance Ensign Red Shirt

BEFORE YOU READ THIS I WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR MY BAD ENGLISH :angel:

Hi, my name is Jeffrey.

I'm a 16 year old Dutch but I live in France, 20km near Paris.

I've been reading this board since a few days because of the new movie, so I decided to register. My favorite Star Trek series is Deep Space Nine, and my favorite captain is of course Picard because he's French.

That's it, I hope you understood what I said :thumbsup:

19. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Your English is fine. Basically, there's only one grammatical error in the whole thing: 'I'm a 16 year old Dutch' should be 'Dutchman' or 'Hollander'.

20. Robert Burke Richardson

Robert Burke Richardson Captain Captain

Hi! I'm not new, but I haven't been around for a while, so figured an appearance in this thread was appropriate.

Because I was drinking a glass of eggnog the first time I discovered these boards, I always crave it when I visit. Also, I always watch First Contact on Christmas Day for some reason.

Okay. Off to the store for eggnog...