Next Film Bad Guy Should Be.....

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Into Darkness, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Pasi Nurminen

Pasi Nurminen Lieutenant Commander

How about a film with no "bad guy"? Yeah I know, the idea of them making an actual Star Trek movie is silly.

2. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No.

3. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

No it isn't, seeing as they've already made two of them. That you didn't like them does NOT make them any less "actual Star Trek" than all the other films and series.

4. voyager1

voyager1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I haven't caught any of the comics. I was just basing that off iconic things from Star Trek lore.

A modern remake of the episode with the fighter plane that tries to intercept the Enterprise would be interesting.

It has been a while since I have sat down and watched the original series.

5. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They already made a movie about Nomad. It wasn't much fun.

6. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

How would the PD apply? If Bajorans were out star-skipping before we ever did, they're definitely not in the primitives category, except maybe with respect to their spirituality.

7. voyager1

voyager1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It would show that Kirk had grown, and Kira made references to how the Federation wouldn't lift a finger during the occupation. I just think it would make a cool teaser and give the fans a nod.

I know lots of folks know the original series better then me, but one think to consider is ST VI did really well. They could do the Klingon War and end it with the Khitomer Accords like in VI. Granted I think that would be an easy out, but going to Khan was an easy out too...

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Federation didn't lift a finger during the Occupation because Bajor was located too far from Federation space, in what was legally considered neutral territory and where they would have no jurisdiction over the Cardassians, not because of the Prime Directive. Besides, STID takes place sixty years before the Cardassians conquered Bajor. So we won't see any conflict between the two races in Trek XIII. Or did Nero's arrival and the Kelvin's destruction for some reason cause the Occupation to start sixty years early?

Klingon War has already been done in the comics. Very recently, too (fall 2013). Since Orci signed off and allowed them to do it, that means it won't be in the movie.

9. Captain Robau

Captain Robau Lieutenant Red Shirt

Would love to see full on zombied Borg intent on bringing everyone and everything into their collective.

I'm sorry but the Borg would be awesome. The masses love zombies, the masses bring in money, we get entertained, win-win.

How about another bad guy who migh not be bad? An anti-hero of sorts who has a good heart but must do necessary evil to save those he loves even if it is at odds with Federation values. No revenge, just trying to do what he or she feels is right but pissing everyone off in the process. Like the guy who detonated Section 31 in STID.

10. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

I'm more than happy to see some seriously bad-ass Klingons in ST3, despite the new arse they got tore in STID. I want to see some Enterprise vs D7 battlecruiser action with them styled as near to the originals as the JJPrise is to the 60's 1701, not the weedy crap that was in STID

11. Poltargyst

Poltargyst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For the love of God, no Borg.

12. UFO

UFO Captain Captain

For the love of Borg, no God. :D

13. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

It is a alternate universe, so perhaps there the Bajorians and the Cardassians had a epic interstellar war in the twenty-third century, which resulted in the victorious Cardassians occupying Bajor.

:)

14. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

15. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

We could always premise a villain using the old movie studio formula of the 1940s-50s.

Kirk & Spock Meet Frankenstein
    Star Trek vs. The Creature from the Black Lagoon
    USS Enterprise vs. C-57D*

* = This I would pay to see

16. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

Saavik

I would love to see rebooted Saavik. Smoldering, sensual, capable actress please. [fitting homage to Kirstie Alley, of course. Hell, maybe a cameo?] Make this Saavik into the role Valeris ended up with in TUC.

Others have said Sybok. I could get on board with that too. Tie this in with the other thread about an attempt to go back in time to save Vulcan? I'm somewhere between 'meh' and 'maybe'.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014