Uniform Design Help?

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CelticViking, May 7, 2013.

1. CelticViking

CelticViking Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me, specifically to design uniforms in the old Star Trek Magazine style.

What I would like to do is get a set of "monster grays" made up. Here are some fan costume versions and this is a really good version!

I am open to discussing this as a commission or what have you if someone is interested in helping me out on this one.

Oh, and if I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize.

Thank you!

2. CelticViking

Oh to clarify I am essentially talking about a Class A version of this Starfleet uniform. :)

Sorry if I didn't make that clear... derp :(

3. Icarus68954

Icarus68954 Ensign Red Shirt

The class A's in question were designed for the old Star Trek: Miranda PbeM by Pat Weber with some assistance from me. I've never seen the Fleet 31 versions from your first link, but the second link is actually one of our old members, and yes, she did make it herself. What she did was simple enough (or as simple as can be said about the single most complicated uniform pattern available); she took her pattern for the Star Trek II-VI "monster maroon" uniform and just substituted the DS9 fabrics.

4. CelticViking

Very cool! I am very impressed with what you guys did.

I am not looking to make a costume though, I am hoping to find someone who could make an artistic image of them. I figured, given some of the amazing uniforms I have seen on this site, it might be the place to ask. :)

Seriously man, you and Pat have designed one hell of an awesome Starfleet uniform.

Kai the designer!

5. Icarus68954

I'm sure there are old copies of the original images floating around somewhere online (and buried deep on my harddrive), but as I recall, they were somewhat unbalanced in their coloring and a bit small. We have a new incarnation of the sim that takes place in the same time period (late-24th century) in the Abrams-verse, and I made something similar to those old Class-A's for the dress uniform, but that's the only place I currently know of for certain where anything like that exists. I for one wouldn't mind seeing a better quality version of them myself. The ones we made were frankly just kitbashed hybrids.

6. Starscape

Starscape Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

That's a nice uniform. :)

I've played around with uniform images a bit and I once helped someone with a hybrid Maroon/TNG uniform, so this one isn't too much of a stretch:

[​IMG]
    (click to enlarge)

7. CelticViking

Sweet Mother of Pearl!

That's perfect!

Would you mind if I used it? I would post it on my blog and give you full credit!

Please let me know and how you would want to be credited.

Wow!

8. Icarus68954

Starscape, that is almost exactly how the officers' class A's looked, belt and all. In fact the only difference we had was a department colored stripe on the leg.

Incidentally (for anyone who was wondering), enlisted class A's had black shoulders and a department colored body. It's also worth noting that (unlike the Fleet 31 variants), the turnbacked lining of the jacket was always white rather than department colored.

9. Starscape

Thanks guys, I'm glad I got it right. :)

I thought I'd have a go at the female variant, I added in the leg stripes while I was at it.

[​IMG]
    (click to enlarge)

Please do use the image however you like. I'm not too concerned about credit (although, I probably should be), but if you'd care put a link to my website, http://www.starscape.org.uk, by the image I'd be satisfied. :bolian:

10. CelticViking

11. Starscape

You're most welcome. :D

12. Kal-el4

Kal-el4 Cadet Newbie

Starscape, awesome uniform design! and I I love the added striping as well. would love to see a Marine version....

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

also that blog as been removed =/

14. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

15. CelticViking

16. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I reckon the 'All Good Things' combadge would look good on these

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i concur about the badge.

In fact if i had the $ id have uniform tailor made for me to wear :)