Coming July 2013: STAR TREK ENTERPRISE — RISE OF THE FEDERATION

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Christopher, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Poor fit? Really? :rolleyes:

It's exactly the same method they used in TNG. Solid pips and hollow pips. Same story here. A 'hollow pip' in ENT's time frame would simply be a hollow square. There's nothing awkward about that. It wouldn't clash with anything.

2. nickyboy

nickyboy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just per-ordered my copy on iBooks.

3. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I pre-ordered this novel. I hope we can get a chance to read a sample chapter on the pocket books site or Amazon.com from this book in the next few weeks.:techman:

4. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

I don't wanna sound too lazy to pour through 30 pages of posts to find this, but...what date is the book due out?

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^About a month from now.

6. nickyboy

nickyboy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I haven't read either of the Romulan War books, are they required reading for this book?

7. Christopher

No. If you wanted to read them anyway, you should read them first, because ROTF spoils some things about them; but you certainly don't need to read them prior to reading ROTF. I'm starting a new story. There's a gap of over a year between the end of the previous book and this one, because I wanted to make a fresh start.

8. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Christopher how long did it take you to write this novel and how many rewrites or changes does a manuscript go through before your novel is finally published?

9. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Let me preface this by saying that RotF will be my first experience reading a Christopher Bennett book as soon as it's published. Since this is the case, I've always been able to follow each chapter I read by reading the corresponding annotations on his website. I enjoy the insight and revelations into what I just read -- also, the Easter eggs are nice to have pointed out, whether I was able to find them myself or not. As much as I'm looking forward to reading this book (which I most definitely am), I'm just as much looking forward to reading the annotations as well.

That being said, Christopher, do you have a certain period of time elapse between the release date of a book and the posting of your annotations? Are they generally concurrent or do you have a selected timeframe that you usually follow? Is there any way that one could bribe you to post them the day of release?

As you can tell, I'd prefer to read them as close to release date as possible but I'd also just like to know when your readers can expect them to hit the Interwebs.

Thanks.

10. Christopher

I generally prefer to, yes, since the annotations contain spoilers.

When I can get around to it, basically. Right now I'm in the middle of writing ROTF Book 2, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the annotations done anytime soon.

11. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Any idea about the chances of ROTF 3 yet, or will it depend on performance of the first two ?

I'm kind of hoping for something like the Vanguard series...

12. Christopher

It hasn't been discussed yet.

13. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Good luck then ! Fingers crossed.

14. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Some SCE stories from this period might be helpful. Have the Xindi have slaver Vegan tyranny connections to explain their variations as laid down by other worlds. The Xindi were a kind of proto-federation in some respects after all.

The SCE element might be to explain warp accelerators, cosmic strings and other shipping lanes to allow warp craft to cut travel between worlds only in thiose lanes, laid down millenia ago...

15. Christopher

^No story ideas, please!

16. Stoek

Stoek Commander Red Shirt

So Christopher, are you excited? In just a couple more weeks your latest book will be out. And then it will begin. The praising and the condemning, the second guessing and the kvetching, and best of all... the begging for when you'll be putting up the annotations. ;-)

17. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've got this book pre-ordered and can't wait to read and review it! I'm very intrigued by the post-Federation Archer and T'pol possibilities. Also, the politics as to how the Federation is shaped.

While I doubt it'll cover what I REALLY want (Federation economics! Federation military defense treaties!) I bet it'll be awesome.

18. Killie

Killie Lieutenant Red Shirt

I am really looking forward to this, after the last Enterprise books I thought that would be it for ages but thankfully we are getting this.

19. Christopher

I'm too busy wrestling with the next one.

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Which of you is winning?