Chuck: Season 4 or Season 5?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Joe Washington, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How many of you would be satisfied with the show ending with this season and how many of you would rather the show be given one more season to "really tie the house together" (Big Lebowski joke:lol:)?

I wouldn't have a problem with the show ending with Season 4 because I feel the show is reaching the end of its road. Chuck's growth as a character is nearly complete and ending Chuck and Sarah's story with a wedding Chuck-styled would be a beautiful bow out point.

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The show is shot creatively. I think it's time to end.

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Chuck is a 50/50 for season 5 anyway and even then it would probably be no more than 13 episodes.

4. jadcox@mindspring.com

jadcox@mindspring.com Commodore Commodore

An even 5 seasons would make the show profitable. At 4, it's break even. I'd love to see one more. Not like NBC has loads to replace it with.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I have the show 50/50 for renewal but the latest episode hit a series low and it if stays there I may have to downgrade to likely to be cancelled, eventually NBC will run out of patience.

6. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bingo. I hardly bother watching my queued up eps anymore. Free the actors and writers to go on to other things!!! There's lots of talent locked up in a burnt out premise.

NBC has new owners and an aggressive development slate. I think they can afford to let go of Chuck now.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

As much as I love the show and still enjoy it, I think it's time to let it go. Use these last few episodes to give the show a proper ending (rather than a rushed one), and let everyone move on.

8. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

NBC is ordering a lot of pilots and they've got new owners who seem to want to make big changes and take more chances so I'd bet Chuck is unlikely to come back.

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I read the 4th season finale can be used as a series finale but if I was NBC I would still consider maybe a 12 episode pickup to hit 90 episodes (nice number to sell on with rerun packages) and it could fill that slot on sundays after the NFL season is done or just burn off on fridays for the Fall.

10. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Pretty much agreed with all above, though with the caveat that my 14 year old niece loves the show, and I'd hate to see it canceled just for her sake. But, we've all got to grow up some time, right?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUlB9yQZKPo[/yt]

11. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It will get a 13 episode season 5 and then the new crop of NBC shows will fail and they will order a back 11 episodes.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

No, we don't. :p

13. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing. [​IMG]

14. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Huh, I guess I'm the only one who's really ENJOYING it this season. I definitely thought it was getting stale at times in the past (especially with all the tedious, will-they-or-won't-they Chuck/Sara angst), but now that most of that is out of the way it feels like the show is firing on all cylinders again. And there have been a LOT of fun moments this season.

I wouldn't exactly be devastated if the show were cancelled, but personally I hope it continues.

15. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked last season better but I do enjoy this season quite a bit. I think it's got onemore season in it.