How often do you watch DS9?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Marie1, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

ls what l would be saying if l hadn't accidentally pushed the submit button instead of the preview one.

So to use this thread - how often do you watch DS9 now? lt hasn't been new in quite some time and l'm sure some of you have at least your favourite parts memorized. l remember many minor scenes with the Jem'hadar. So when it's on or you have time to watch - do you still watch DS9... or something new???

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I haven't watched an episode in three or four months and haven't watched much of any Trek lately.

3. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Well, right now I watch it most every day. But before two weeks ago, hadn't seen it in years. Didn't really watch it when it was on (it was too late), but I caught a bunch when it was running on Spike back in 05/06. I saw some SFDebris stuff, saw his review of Duet, and that was powerful enough that I had to watch the whole episode. Almost got a Netfilx account just for that, but it's also on Amazon Prime, so I lucked out.

4. callea

callea Ensign Red Shirt

I've been watching it almost every day for a week or two. Since 2001 til a couple weeks ago, the only Trek I watched was the JJ Abrams movie and a about half the TOS episodes.

I think I've finally recovered from the emotional scarring left by Enterprise.

5. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't watched a full episode of DS9 for at least 6 months. It is currently not on FTA here so I don't have an option of watching it on TV.

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I watched when DS9 was airing in First run, got the DVD sets about 5 years ago, and watched them all straight through, and a few months back watched them all straight through again (As well as Voyager and Enterprise).

I don't watch much new TV (Watching 3 new shows a week is a lot for me, typically, I only have 1 or two, currently only watching Once Upon a Time and looking forward tot he return of The Walking Dead). So, I watch old stuff, I want to rewatch or never saw (Just finished Earth Final Conflict for the first time, and currently watching Andromeda for the first time) at about the rate of a Season a week.

I rarely watch a single selected episode of something, so, generally, I'll start with the first episode and work my way through the entire show.

I want to rewatch Babylon 5 and Farscape again soon and still need to watch all of TNG (Only watched in first airing and the random rerun episode, never had a full rewatch of TNG) and want to go through all of TOS/TAS, so, it'll be quite some time before I return to DS9 again.

7. pimp

pimp Commander Red Shirt

I tend to watch the entire series once a year. I am the kinda guy who has to start the series and finish it, watching every episode.

8. Beta-Z

Beta-Z Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's right now on the air on Tele5 here in Germany :D

9. Sykonee

Sykonee Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Haven't watched any since my DS9 Versus thread. I'll usually marathon the series every few years, but since a lot of it is so ingrained now, just reading a watch thread can feel like it's playing on the tele'. Yeah, weird, I know.

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I went through all seven seasons a few months ago, but haven't really watched it since. I'm slowly trudging through Voyager at the rate of two or three episodes a week. I'll usually just put an episode one when I'm ready to go to bed and fall asleep half way through. No big deal since I've seen it all. :p

11. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

I did a marathon about a year ago, when Netflix started streaming it. Haven't watched it since.

12. grabthars hammer

grabthars hammer Captain Captain

Run through the whole series about once a year, skipping 'Move Along Home' and 'Meridian'.

13. pimp

pimp Commander Red Shirt

lol made me laugh :lol: I know the feeling when watching these episodes. Also for me another episodes fits this "non watch-able episode" is the one when they go to risa and have a weather hijack problem :scream: (something along those lines)

14. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I started a rewatch on September 29, after finishing my Babylon 5 rewatch the very day that B5 captain Michael O'Hare died. As of today, I started season two. Today was "The Circle" Trilogy. I average anywhere from one to four episodes a day, depending on time, etc.

15. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last time I might have seen an episode was several months ago. Ever since finishing TNG Season 1 on blu-ray, I've only seen like 2 episodes of Star Trek and that was Voyager season 5.

16. Nightdiamond

Nightdiamond Commodore Commodore

In my area, and with the service and channels I get, there is a complete Star Trek black-out on TV nowadays.

No Treks at all, not even on SY-FY, which I thought was made for something like Trek. I thought they'd show half a day's worth of Trek everyday. They definitely have enough episodes.

All they show now is "Ghost Hunters" :lol:

I miss watching Trek on TV spontaneously. I miss watching them late at night, it always gave watching reruns that special feel to it.

17. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

BBC America has 2 (or 3?) episodes of TNG every Saturday, if you get BBCA. Also, one of the new Retro channels (MYTV or one of those types, which I don't get yet, but, I believe should be added soon) carries TOS.

18. Nightdiamond

Nightdiamond Commodore Commodore

Thanks for the info, I'll have to see if my satellite service carries it.

Funny thing is, DS9 used to be my favorite, but I always end up getting used to watching the TNG episodes.

I always wondered if it were true about what they say-- DS9 was highly praised, but the reruns always got lower ratings, which is why we don't see it on TV.

It's been years!

19. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

l haven't watched it lately - l don't believe it's airing here at the moment. But even still l don't feel compelled to watch it no matter how much l enjoyed it in the past. The more l have the more episodes l want to gloss over! l really want to watch TNG and TOS... l don't remember them as well. But DS9 was my favourite and has my favourite species... l wonder what happened? Haven't watched any ST but the '11 movie in long time! o.0

20. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I recently did a run through the entire season via netflix, though before that I hadn't seen any of it several years. I've seen every episode multiple times now, so there's really no need....occasionally I'll catch a clip on youtube.