Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 17, 2009.

?

Grade the movie...

1. Excellent

10.2%
  2. Above Average

21.6%
  3. Average

28.4%
  4. Below Average

17.0%
  5. Poor

22.7%
  1. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indeed. It's already surpassed Star Trek's international total. I haven't seen Transformers: ROTF, but I can't imagine it deserves this much success.

2. FemurBone

FemurBone Vice Admiral Admiral

It doesn't, but Transformers is a popular brand so people will go see it out of curiousity. I doubt they'll see it again though.

3. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Im supprised its made so much. I like the first film but had no desire to see this in the cinema plus with the awful reviews its been getting.

4. Braxton

Braxton Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And yet, this movie isn't really made for the kids. Look at all the sexual references, cussing, and vulgarity in this movie. Kids will see it but they shouldn't. Hasbro's obviously not trying to aim this at only kids but they should be making it an enjoyabled family movie. FAIL.

Also, Optimus Prime is ruined. He executes a Decepticon! Optimus Prime does not execute. He expressed regret over defeating Megatron in the first movie. Megatron all of a sudden becoming a servant to The Fallen is rather pathetic as well. I'm a fan of many of the Megatron characters so this little bit here really irks me. Megatron is not a 'servant' to anyone.

A good box office take does make a great movie.

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Two problems there

1) Optimus Prime to Dinobots: Dinobots destroy Devastator.

Prime actually ordered Grimlock and the other Dinobots to kill he Constructicons pretty easily

2) Optimus Prime to Megatron: One shall stand and one shall fall.

Prime is telling Megatron only one of them is going to survive this fight.

Also you say Prime felt Regret :wtf:?

The only thing I got from that scene was Prime being disgusted by Megatron begging for Mercy.

Megatron was Unicron's servant in the 1986 movie, you know "I will give you a new body and new troops to command and nothing you belong to me now."

And don't give me that it was Galvatron stuff he was still the same guy.

6. FemurBone

FemurBone Vice Admiral Admiral

Not a willing servant.

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

But still a servant non the less.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, make that $387 million. Box Office Mojo was updated.

9. Plain Simple

Plain Simple Commodore Commodore

10. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Good call on all the bathroom humor not being for kids. This movie really sank to the lowest common denominator.

Definitely. It was hurt further by the fact that there was absolutely no Autobot who rose up to fill the void.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just saw it and I loved it! Only minor complaints. I went to see big robots beat the crap out of each other and by gawd I got it. I loved that there were like twenty robots on each side this time. Amazing. I definitely understand the complaints about the Autobot twins, though.

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was disapointed by Revenge of the Fallen...went in with high expectations thanks to the first one and despite not really liking the designs of the Transformers themselves was blown away with how well they were able to adapt the franchise into a credible film. I'm not going to give all my complaints because there aren't really that many and they've already pretty much been covered in the thread. I got a massive fucking migraine during the battle seqeunces (which did not happen in the first movie) and was disapointed that the twins got more screen time than Arcee, they didn't even give her any dialouge or show her in robot form for long (just one scene I think where she's leaping over a Decepticon during a battle). The design of the Matrix of Leadership was horrid (and what the hell, they should have called it something else, like the Prime Restorer or whatever) they just said that the Primes began a war over it to keep it from being taken by The Fallen (who was pathetic). I did like seeing the crippled Nemesis though...and the Decepticon's hunt for Megatron. It would have been interesting had they revealed that The Fallen had been corrupted and working for Unicron.. I liked the question...makes you wonder who created them? Primus!!!!! My favourite parts were SOUNDWAVE! Even though we didn't hear his cartoon voice we kind of got a movie version of it. Seeing the Predender was kind of cool...the twins weren't great and I can understand people's complaint's about them. Megan Fox was hot but I did think the obvious scenes of her were too much, and what the hell was with making Judy Witwickey high at campus? That was nonesense that didn't have to be there, unneccessary comic relife. I would give this a 3/5 and I voted average. I did love the score though and now have both...

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

My friend and I just saw it, and we came to the same conclusion: Parts of it were awesome. Other parts were really stupid. There was no inbetween. Therefore, we loved it. It had two amazingly hilarious moments which tipped the balance.

"I am not talking to you for 10 seconds. You have 3 seconds left."

AND

"There are no tighter shirts! We checked!" *fist bump* :lol:

Any movie that makes fun of douchebags wins in my book. :p

14. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Yeah. It proves you can fool anyone at least once.

--Ted

15. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

You know, if you are going to critique the movie, you should at least watch it. I've been paying for movies lately, even though I don't have to (and not illegally either).

Transformers was an overbloated mess. Instead of getting some real characterization for the characters they had in the first movie, they decided to throw more in there. Does anyone know which Decepticons were in this movie? There was like 15 and only three really talked.

Also, Megan Fox sucks. Sorry. But if that's going to be half of the movie, seriously, get a stronger actress.

It was a bad movie over all.

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah I'm leaning towards this reaction more than a positive one. I really wanted to like this movie but there just wasn't enough to pull me in and keep my attention. There were too many things happen, way too many characters, and I totally agree about the Decepticon thing. I counted at least four or five of them that I could name right off the bat. Megan Fox is hot...she seems like an intelligent person, I wasn't annoyed with her scenes in the movie. Wheelie humping her leg could have been cut out of the movie. At least Starscream had dialouge in this movie and acted like himself in this movie that was something Bay stated he regretted in the first film (he stated this in the audio commentary).

17. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was really silly, juvenile and dumb in spots but still a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I wish they left out the part with the dog humping the other dog. not something I really like seeing.

The audience reaction was very positive. A lot of people were laughing and cheering and at the end a big round of applause. Either they loved it or they were just glad it was over.

Megan Fox. :drool::drool::drool: I could spend 2 hours just watching her run from explosions in slow mo.

18. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Demolishor (executed by Prime)
    Sideways (sliced long-ways by Sideswipe)
    The Fallen (killed by Jet Prime)
    Doctor aka Scalpel (the torturer)
    Ravage (cat-beast)
    Soundwave (raped the satellite)
    Starscream (survived)
    Megatron (likewisie)
    Long Haul (big green dump truck)
    Rampage (red bulldozer)
    Mixmaster (bluey purple cement truck)
    HighTower (pulled apart for his parts)
    Grindor (Blackout clone, had his head ripped off by Prime)
    Scorponok (killed by Jetfire)
    Scrapper
    'Alice' (Pretender)
    Devastator (shot by the USN)
    Bonecrusher (Buffalo vehicle seen in Egypt, killed by Ironhide)
    multiple unnamed Insecticons (marble-bots, two used by Doctor, one Sam ripped apart)
    multiple unnamed protoforms

19. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Yeah, because if people like a film you dont enjoy, and pay their money repeatedly to watch it, the only reason is that they were fooled or they dont have as refined taste as you do.

20. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked #2 better than #1. For what it was, I thought it was great.