List Only! Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

"Mark of Gideon" and "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield."

2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Albatross" (TAS) - I love that I can watch all of the Animated Series episodes on Netflix. There was some seriously good writing for that show. I also like that they had the opportunity to make the aliens look, well, alien! Nice touch. :D

3. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

:techman:

4. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

Patterns of Force (TOS). It's very odd seeing two Jewish actors pretending to be Nazis. :-/

5. Amaris

Hogan's Heroes did it all the time! :D

6. Count Zero

Yeah, at one point Spock even says something to Kirk along the lines that his SS uniform looks better than his Wehrmacht one. I found that disconcerting. I also greatly dislike the episode for perpetuating the myth that the Third Reich was a particularly 'effective' state which just isn't true if you define effectiveness in any useful way (regarding economics and administration).

7. Amaris

I usually chalk it up to the idea that it was only about 20 years since the events of WWII had completely died down, and that there were still strong holdovers from the propaganda machine.

8. Count Zero

It's something you still hear in discussions (not here in my country but abroad). I chalk it up to not being well informed. The whole premise of the episode is flawed because it isn't very plausible that a cultural observer of the Federation would not only think it was a good idea to dircetly influence the society he's only meant to observe but also that the Third Reich of all things would be a good model to emulate.

9. Amaris

Oh, I agree there. I love the episode (the Kirk and Spock moments are priceless), but the premise is definitely flawed. I wouldn't see the Third Reich as any appreciable example of a proper way to run a society, and that's as a layman. As a historian, I should definitely know better.

10. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The last episode I saw was "Catspaw," and it was actually better than I remembered. There are some plot holes here and there, but it was thoroughly enjoyable.

I do not see the great appeal in Antoinette Bower, the actress who plays Sylvia. She does a perfectly good job, but she's cast as a sexpot, and while she's attractive enough (nice voice, for example - that slight accent of hers is very effective), I just do not see her as a sexpot. But hey, I'm a hetero female, so WDIK?

11. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

The Cloud-Minders (TOS). I have to FF past the Kirk-Plasus fight in the mines every time I watch this episode.

12. Amaris

"Hero Worship" (TNG) - I love this episode, mostly because of the dynamic between Timothy and Data. Data is almost fatherly in his guidance of Timothy through his trauma, and at times, acts more human than the humans around him.

13. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

Friday's Child (TOS).

I caught this one on MeTV so it was the remastered version. The cgi model used for the Enterprise in this episode was much better than previous efforts I've seen in the remastering. It might have been the dynamic lighting that was used.

Unfortunately the episode was also cut to ribbons. I miss the days of 90 minute slots for Star Trek on the Sci-Fi channel.

14. Amaris

You and me both!

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

"The Lights of Zetar" and "That Which Survives."

16. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Alternative Factor - TOS

:wtf:

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

TOS: "The Cage"

Not bad. I would have liked to have seen Jeffrey Hunter return as Pike at some point. Oh well.

18. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

TNG: Aquiel, Ship in a Bottle and Birthright part one.

19. Amaris

"Coming of Age" (TNG) - This episode was a good one overall, one of the better ones from Season 1. Although the Academy exam tests just don't feel right. Considering what we've seen of Starfleet Officers, there's no way every single one of them went through this kind of test. Still, great Worf and Picard moments.

20. DAYoung

DAYoung Commander Red Shirt

TOS, 'Mudd's Women'.

Oy. Even with a good performance from Karen Steele (in a pretty thankless role), this was a poor episode. Clumsy gender message. Weird characterisations.