STARSHIP VALIANT: LEGACY -NOW ONLINE

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Phantassm, Jul 5, 2014.

1. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

I really hope Valiant makes its goal. Michael has interesting ideas and the concept shows promise.

2. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

Donated. Looking forward to more from them.

3. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like you're off to a good start!

Have to agree with the mentioned aspects where there's still room of improvement.

My main problem was the dialogue with the daughter.It often felt "chopped", meaning the whole thing didn't flow together and felt more like an array of separate clips. Almost as if the shots all were filmed separately without having someone behind the camera speak the other person's lines so the person in front of the camera could respond to them more naturally. Maurice will most likely be able to address that better, but that's what constantly broke the flow for me.

Every fan production out there has been rough around the edges on its first episode, so I'm sue that Valiant will also improve a lot thanks to the experience you've gained now gained from this first step.

PS: Always nice to see projects about other ships out there, Enterprise isn't the only ship in the fleet. ;)

4. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just had a look at their page and their second video update: They are displaying alien make and prosthetics for a brand NEW race, I'm assuming it is for the Sukulon (SIC?) mentioned in their first vignette. My god, no Klingon or Romulan recycling, what is this world coming to? :lol:

5. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

I hope they make it, but there is a long way to go, wow. To put it in perspective, STC received in four hours what these folks received in 4 days and the Valiant goal amount is 5% of STC's goal amount. It should be a piece of cake to meet their goal.

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

As to Valiant, their project is much lower profile. STC has names attached, and gets much more "press" because of that. These fundraisers frequently hinge on visibility and the track record of the key players.

7. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

It's good to have a variety of quality productions. Well, I've donated and sharing it, hopefully others are too.

When I first read the blurb about this campaign on this board, I searched this site for any info on the production and the only thread I found was back on page 6 or 7 instead of on page one. I'm not sure where they're advertising. Bumping is sometimes a good thing.

8. MikeH92467

I noticed that it's not that easy to find Valiant's GoFundMe page. It doesn't turn up on a google search or even on a search on the GoFundMe site.site. It also doesn['t seem to be linked to Valiant's FB page.

9. Maurice

Um, it's in the top post of their Facebook page right now.

10. MikeH92467

Good. Hope it helps.

11. Bixby

I just googled Starship Valiant and Gofundme and the top post is their Youtube video which has the direct link to their crowdfunding page. Pretty easy to find if you try.

Anyway, I wanted to say that FX shot of the Valiant skimming over a rocky moon terrain is just gorgeous. Kudos to the CGI team.

12. MikeH92467

First you have to Google, then you go to YouTube, then you go to the link. I learned something very important in selling electronics: one step is okay. Two steps you could be in trouble. Three steps and you lose them. Google Star Trek Continues and their Kickstarter page is the first one that comes up. I'm not criticizing anyone at Valiant, but putting in extra steps (as in more than one) is a sure way to lose potential donors.

13. Maurice

Oh I agree that visibility is everything. You have to really make these things easy to find.

14. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

Yep, bumping for good measure. ;)

15. jojolimited

jojolimited Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Maybe someone can help them with SEO techniques? (Search Engine Optimization).

16. Bixby

Their GoFundme campaign ends today and they could use a little boost!!!

17. Maurice

I find it odd that no one from the production visits here if they're trying to keep eyeballs on their fundraising. Again, visibility is the key in a successful campaign.

18. Bixby

I thought their Gofundme campaign was ended, but looks like it is still going. They still need $950 for a hoped-for total of a modest $5000.

19. Bixby

They just released an extended cut of their first short film, expanding on the battle glimpsed at the beginning. Best of all, they added what is now my absolute favorite Star Trek title sequence EVAH! (official and fan films alike)

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzI3xZmETNQ[/yt]

20. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

I agree, it's a clear improvement. Although I am maintaining links to both versions on their dedicated page, I've recommended to my readers that they watch the new version, not the old one.