Alien Prequel delayed by 12 months - now due 2013...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Candlelight, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2010/12/04/prequels-release-pushed-back/

Still don't know why there needs to be two of them.

Heck, just write a fifth film and end the series properly. Resurrection had too much openness about it.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

What?! This is the first I'd heard that there's two movies!

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Then you haven't been listening. :p

4. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Or else he was confusing it with that other upcoming chestburster two-parter, Breaking Dawn. :p

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I saw this on Noomi Raplace's facebook fan page. She's still the lead contender for the role at last report.

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I don't know, it seamed pretty final to me. All the Aliens are dead and Ripley gets a chance at a new life. I saw it as a riding-off-into-the-sunset ending...not a good riding-off-into-the-sunset ending mind, but a riding-off-into-the-sunset ending nonetheless.

As for why there's two of them...well without seeing the scripts or even a basic outline of the story it's really hard to make any intelligent judgement on that. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I mean it's not as if Ridley doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, yes?

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The main story may have seemed final...but the box office intakes for the Alien Vs Predator movies would indicate that fans of the franchise still have an appetite for these films. I'll watch if Noomi is cast.

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I didn't mean final for the franchise, just 'Resurrection' in and of itself in response to it's purported "openness". I defiantly have an appetite for more xenomorph flick from Ridley Scott.

9. byron lomax

byron lomax Commander Red Shirt

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The name is stupid, the idea of more than one movie is stupid. At one time there was talk of it being a trilogy.

The movie will cost $150-$200 million to make, plus ads and I don't see it making it's money back, so then the second movie will probably never get finished / made.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Unless, ya know, the first one is actually good.

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It doesn't matter if it's good, I just don't see it making $150-$250 million to cover it's costs.

13. Candlelight

So they're not shooting them back-to-back then?

14. Candlelight

"Reboot of the franchise"?

I'm outta here.

15. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I :wtf:'ed at that too, but the article says "essentially" a reboot, which probably means it'll not contradict the old ones, but will barely reference them either, so the 15-25 demo unfamiliar with the classics will be in no way confused.

And yeah, it does sound totally pointless.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Agreed. When they said "prequel," I was hoping for a legitimate prequel to the first "Alien" movie, not just a random story that happened to take place at some earlier point in time.

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

My feeling is that what they're doing is re-introduce the Alien before doing what they probably should have done instead of Alien 3 and follow though on their origins.

Perhaps the crew come across the same derelict the Nostromo finds or another one elsewhere and whatever happens to them, the incident is hushed up by the company but leaves them with enough info to later try and use the Nostromo crew as incubators to get a sample without risking anyone valuable.