Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Relayer1, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Will you be getting a PS4 and/or Xbox One ?

1. I'll get both

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Staying with Playstation (PS3 to PS4)

49 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. Staying with Xbox (360 to One)

14 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Changing to Playstation (360 to PS4)

21 vote(s)
    22.3%
  5. Changing to Xbox (PS3 to One)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I miss that controller. Not being very coordinated I tend to mash the buttons if they are too close together.

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It definitely was a great fit for larger hands, ergonomically speaking.

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

You still looking for one? Walmart's got two bundles in stock if you're willing to pay full price for two additional games ($509) or one game and one accessory ($517).

I got one on launch and have only played Need For Speed until I wasn't good enough to win the challenges anymore, then I got bored and stopped playing. Passed on Thief because of the mediocre reviews, so I guess I'm waiting on Infamous. I'm not as big a gamer as I used to be, so buying on launch is probably impulse more than anything else.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I really haven't been looking that hard. It doesn't have any games that I want yet.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

XB1 £30 price cut in UK was made even sweeter by Gamestop (didn't know they had UK stores :lol:) when they cut it by another £30 for £60 of saving for £369.99 while stocks last and it includes Titanfall so coulkdn't say no.

Got XB1, PS4, 360, PS3, Wii U + Vita and gaming PC so I can't say I will ever be bored ;)

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ That's a pretty good deal for the UK.

7. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Apparently Zavvi currently have the Titanfall edition Xbone with an extra free game for £399 too.

8. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm getting that.

Xbox one with Titanfall and Dead Rising 3 for 399 is pretty damn good imo

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ It certainly is. That bundle contains the two titles I would actually be interested in playing on XBONE at the moment.

Still not enough to make the investment, I guess I'll be fine waiting till 2015 rolls around with H5.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  10. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Titanfall on the 360 will suffice...

11. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yes.. yes you will! :p (in the same vein as fashion victims open their wardrobe which is bending under all the weight and then claim they've got nothing to wear)

12. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All that and no 3DS? You're missing one modern system and it's the best of the whole lot.

13. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    Doubt I will be buying this year, but unless there's some overwhelming reason to buy Xbox One, I will be going for my third Playstation to replace my PS3. There is one baseball game that I absolutely love playing, and since it is only available on Playstation, that is what I will buy.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

March 25th for the UK. But I've been hearing from friends who have bought them who are on their 3rd console and still running across system crashing errors that Sony has not addressed.

16. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Those initial glitches (blue light of death, the rubber on the analog stick disintegrating after only medium use etc) will likely not be solved so soon.

Sony is in full production mode to at least fill in the initial launch orders until the sales mellow out a bit and stock is readily available. However i'm pretty sure their customer service is collecting all reports and Sony is well aware where the problems are and their engineers are at work to pinpoint and fix the problems.

However when that will happen is anyone's guess.. i hope the first revision will be there in Summer or Fall at the latest but who knows.

It's hard to judge if the roles are really reversed this time and Sony took over console death from MS (i don't hear about XOnes dying that much) though it's apparently not as severe as with the 360.

I just hope that when i buy mine in 1-2 months i don't get a lemon but a proper model without issues.

17. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah the huge demand is not making things any easier for them, and I'm waiting for the first main revision myself before getting one. It might be autumn before they manage that.

A friend of mine got a Day One PS3 back in the day, it only broke down two weeks ago and he was able to fix that himself. Sony are pretty good at getting things worked out when they have the time and oppertunity.

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I'm definitely waiting for the first revision model (both platforms). Thanks for betatesting guys!

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Got XB1 w. Titanfall today and so far am pretty enjoying the game its fast paced and quite the thrill if not a little shallow overall. as for XB1 still getting grips to it and Kinect is a hit n miss device that needs improvement.

20. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

The Xbone's the one I've heard has reliability issues.

It's all anecdotal. There's bound to be some problems with both...