Haven Season 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Sep 15, 2013.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

So our good friends from that troubled town in Maine have returned.

When last we saw them, there was a ferocious gun battle at the barn, and Duke was sucked inside before it vanished.

Fast forward six months, and Duke is found in a seal tank at the Boston aquarium, a reporter is hearing voices from the barn, Nathan is getting punched for money, and the troubles are worse than ever.

We also get a visit from Ezri Dax and Sherriff Carter!

PS: Audrey/Lexi is looking pretty good as the bartender. Looks like she put on a little weight. She wears it well!

:techman:

Discuss and enjoy!

:beer:

2. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Only started to watch it earlier this year and am excited for this new season.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

The actress, Emily Rose, was pregnant during filming. Which is one of the reasons Audrey/Lexi has been temporarily sidelined this season.

4. 1001001

I was wondering if that was the deal. Thanks.

I thought she looked great!

:techman:

I wonder what Sherriff Carter's thing is going to be?

5. sportzkid

sportzkid Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought it was an alright season premiere. Nothing real flashy or exciting but any ways it is nice to have the show back and gives me something to watch on Fridays again.

6. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Does anyone think that its possible that Audrey is still in the Barn? The reaction of the patrons in the bar seem really subdued and unusual...and not realistic. That leads me to believe that she is not in the real world.

7. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Is the show worth watching? I'm thinking about starting to watch it 'in real time' while simultaneously playing 'catch-up' with Netflix and Syfy.Com.

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Hmm. Interesting theory . . . .

9. 1001001

I think it's an entertaining show. Kind of weird. It's heavily arced, though. Probably best to watch it in order.

I noticed that too! They don't seem to be real. Nobody reacts when the gun is pulled. Very strange. Maybe she's in some kind of dream/limbo state?

10. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For some reason, I'm continuing to lose interest in this show. I'm not sure why, mostly because I can't be bothered to think about it enough to figure out why.

11. 1001001

Good call!

So the barn is "dying". Then who is Sheriff Carter?

The blood thing was okay, but the main arc is much more interesting.

I hope they can deliver.

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The show is poorly written and a lot of stuff they do clearly wasn't planned in advance. Without the chemistry of the three leads, Haven has nothing to offer. The mythology they're going for has a lot of potential, but it needs a few more rewrites and could've been whittled down a lot.

13. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ooh! You saved me the time of figuring it out!

I'm watching, hoping it improves, because there IS potential.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The troubles are the weakest-written part of the show. They could do a lot more with it than they actually do, but the trouble-of-the-week formula is especially crappy, especially with such a high body count that somehow gets covered up week after week. Emily Rose has even mentioned displeasure over it.

15. 1001001

Yes it's getting harder and harder to believe in all the "gas leaks" and "lightning strikes". Someone from the outside should have noticed by now.

Still, once you suspend disbelief....

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They're just happy they don't live in the next town over, Cabot Cove.

17. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or Storybrooke.

18. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The door in the middle of nowhere from last night's episode reminded me of the door on the beach in the second Dark Tower novel. Would have been cool if some lobstrosities had emerged when they opened it.

I wonder if the Barn is connected to the Tower, however tangentially. (I realize that this show probably can't outright reference the Dark Tower series due to rights issues, but the producers have slipped in subtle Easter eggs to other King works in the past, so maybe their intention is for the audience to make the connection without their official verification.)

19. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I too was reminded of the doors in The Drawing of the Three, but hadn't thought to speculate about a possible connection, story-wise, between The Barn and the Dark Tower itself.

Haven has thus far drawn from more of King's writings than just The Colorado Kid, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if the people behind it drew on elements of the TDT series at some point either overtly or subtly.

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Forgot about this, the Friday 10PM slot is easy to forget but I eventually caught up. Typical Haven so far, great first episode, middling remainder probably until hiatus/finale. Still, better than a lot of stuff that's on, I like "Lexi" so far and it's agreeable enough if not essential.