Farragut Fest 2014

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Kail, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

It's getting to be that time of the year again. Time for Farragut Fest! We are excited to announce that Farragut Fest 2014 will be 2 days this year, December 6-7, 2014. More time for panels, dealers, walking through our sets, and more. Meet the cast and crew of Starship Farragut and Star Trek Continues.
    I'll be there selling Star Trek portraits with all profits going to support the best Star Trek fan films on the net! Check out the links below, and I hope to see you there!

[Links deleted by Moderator for soliciting. I admit: a grayish area. GLS]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
  2. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Project Potemkin will be there, showing the entire 2nd season of its productions, as well as a world premiere release of its newest episode, "Unspoken." We'll also be distributing DVDs to our fans. Be sure and drop by our table!

3. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Looking forward to seeing you there!

4. Potemkin_Prod

Likewise! And looking forward to seeing those gorgeous sets!

5. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

If you've never walked those sets before, you are in for quite a treat. It's an amazing experience for a classic Trek fan.

6. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How many different fan series make use of the Farragut sets?

7. Potemkin_Prod

At least five that I'm aware of:

STARSHIP FARRAGUT
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    DREADNOUGHT DOMINION
    EXETER TREK
    and another which I'm not sure has been officially announced.

8. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool... :techman:

9. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

I removed the direct links to the Farragut Fest site/FB page. We don't allow "give money to our Kickstarter campaign" links or "give me money to buy my cool artwork" links, or "buy my book" links. I presume "pay the admission price to walk our sets" links are similar "solicitation" posts.

As always, ad space can be purchased on TrekBBS.

10. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

My niece just moved down to GA and saw the ad in the local media and found you guys on FB. She asked me what it was all about - and is now really looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!

11. Potemkin_Prod

12. GSchnitzer

Thanks. Like I say, it seems to be a bit of a gray area. Other mods on other forums here on Trek BBS made similar deletions. In fact, they deleted the posts altogether; I simply deleted the links. (I had been getting complaints from board members here on the Fan Production board.) I'm confident that folks know how to type "Farragut Fest" into Google to get the salient details.

We delete links when people shill for their conventions; this seemed the same thing.

I think maybe Farragut Fest needs to get T'Bonz to do post over at Trek Today.

13. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Seems like just sour grapes to me. "People are complaining". Give me a break.

14. GSchnitzer

Well, they were complaining that there was a clear and obvious board violation that the board moderator was taking no action against.

Sour grapes aside, I think you would probably agree that it actually is a violation of the FAQ file.

15. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

I noticed that some members have links in their signatures to fan productions that also link to kickstarters. I really don't see the difference, but I'm new here.

16. GSchnitzer

From the FAQ file:

"Soliciting
    "Do not attempt to solicit other BBS members: posting to sell or endorse a product or web site will not be permitted."

Yes, we discussed the seemingly incongruity between sigs and actual post content ages ago.

You are allowed to put links and stuff in your signature lines, so shilling for stuff in you sigs if you wish is okay. Just not in the body of the post.

A similar post:

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=260197

17. RCAM

RCAM Commander Red Shirt

I don't have any issues with including links, and I have no issue with not including them. But I do think the board should be consistent.

http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?p=9892825&postcount=642

18. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

I see someone else was spamming about Farragut Fest on other threads, and I agree that's an obvious infraction. However, as pointed out above, many for pay events are mentioned on this board with no problems. However, the point is mute now as the event is over. Thanks for not deleting the thread altogether. In case anyone is interested, the event was a great success. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and said hello to me. That's my favorite part, just meeting new people and talking Trek. Bless you all!

19. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

This guy was spamming. I would never do that.

I wasn't selling anything. Telling someone about an event, is not "Soliciting". People post about Star Trek conventions and other such events all the time. I take this rule as referring to people trying to sell a product. I really feel this is different. But again, thanks for not deleting the post all together. Oh yeah, also this is not a for profit enterprise.

20. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

Thanks for the clarification.