More Star Wars films announced

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Candlelight, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Captain Picard.

Captain Picard. Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Toy story 3 perfect example! They introduced them into a huge nursery full of other toys just so they could have more characters to sell. They are so predictable :brickwall:

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Toy Story 3 was a great movie, though. What does it matter if Disney wanted to sell more toys? They'd already been milking the Toy Story franchise for 15 years at that point....nothing changed.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Give up. He's convinced the movies will be terrible even though scripts haven't been written, actors picked, production design begun, etc....

4. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Yeah, but most of the toys introduced in Toy Story 3 were already real toys almost forty years ago.

If you want to be the first kid on your block to own a rolly polly telephone or a Disco Barbie, be my guest.

5. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Just for the record, my original post had nothing to do with how awesome OR terrible the movies will be. I simply pointed out that the first 10 seconds of the film will be highlighted by a Disney banner and not a 20th Century Fox banner. I anticipate the Lucasfilm banner to remain as usual.

That is all.

6. sojourner

If you'll notice, I was replying to Captain Picard, not you Tighr.

7. Captain Picard.

Captain Picard. Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Anyway we will see hopefully I am wrong.

8. cooleddie74

Calm down and have a little faith. Episode VII will be awesome. I'm pretty sure of it.

After all, Disney owned Miramax at the time that Pulp Fiction was produced and released....and that movie is one of the best (not to mention most graphic and violent) films of the last 20 years. Disney's not going to dumb down, childproof and ruin the Star Wars universe any more than they ruined the Avengers or the Pixar films.

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

The only thing I'm concerned about is if they keep John Williams or not.

10. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

I think everybody on the planet would agree to keep Williams.

It's more a question of if he feels he's up for one more trilogy.

He better be.

11. cooleddie74

If he's still alive and healthy enough to conduct his orchestra I think he'll score the Sequel Trilogy. He's getting up there, but still seems to have a lot of energy for a man of his advanced years.

12. sojourner

Oo! Ooo! Elfman and Burton for a Droids movie!

13. cooleddie74

Burton? Hmmmm. Possibly.

David Lynch's Droids? You'd watch the crap outta that thing.

14. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Elfman is one of those composers who definitely has an identifiable genre. Star Wars is not that genre.

I think we had a thread on this last year, actually. Different composers and their sounds.

I might have even mentioned it in this very thread, but if Abrams is directing I hope he doesn't attach Giacchino to compose.

15. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Score by Michael Giacchino, with original themes by John Williams.

I'd be more than happy with that.

16. cooleddie74

I was thinking we might possibly know the title of Episode VII by the Holidays this year. The title to Episode I was publicly revealed for the first time in late 1997, Episode II's was made known towards the end of 2000 around the time of the Bush-Gore rigamarole and Episode III's moniker was slipped to the press by Lucas and his people in the closing months of 2003. All three episode titles were disclosed roughly eighteen months before the films hit cinemas.

That's no guarantee that Episode VII's name reveal will follow the same or even a similar pattern, but it's possible based on the previous track record that the title might become public knowledge before Christmas of this year to help stir excitement. I guess it's all up to Disney and how long they want to keep the newest story - even its title - under wraps.

17. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

You're forgetting one little thing. The movie might not even be coming out in 2015.

18. cooleddie74

I didn't forget it. I just don't think it'll be delayed longer.

That said, we might not get the title reveal this year. It's possible, but I wouldn't bet anything on it now that Disney's running things.

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't expect to see a title reveal until the movie's actually in production, or at least in the casting phase of pre-production.

As for the score, obviously it should be John Williams if he's up for it. Otherwise I think it'll definitely be Giacchino.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Also keep in mind Abrams keeps stuff closer to his chest than some others might, so, that's a point towards the Title being revealed less than a year away from release.