Star Trek Enterprise: The most "likable" cast?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Infern0, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

You don't f**k with another man's dog.

2. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

They didn't. Our trained diplomat decided to bring Porthos along on this diplomatic meeting. As a result, Porthos not only pees on their sacred trees which offends the natives but also contracts something that might kill him. All of this would have been avoided if Archer didn't bring his freaking dog.

3. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

So, it wasn't just me then?

Although, I never hated Phlox, or Neelix. In fact, I've never hated a Star Trek character more than Trip. Luxwana Troi came close, but even SHE didn't annoy me simply by being onscreen the way Trip did.

4. Nx-01fan

Nx-01fan Ensign Newbie

Enterprise is the only series in which I loved all of the characters - every other series (for me) had at least one character that grated on me - and that makes Enterprise even more appealing. It also has (in my humble opinion) the best looking cast.

5. Lady Conqueror

Lady Conqueror Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me too :techman:

6. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I like the ENT characters. Unlike VOY where i detest half the main crew. I have no problems with any of the ENT characters. Obviously Travis and Hoshi got the shaft when it came to development but they weren't unlikable.

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Reed doesn't grate on you? For the first two seasons his only memorable moment is dreaming that he asks T'Pol to call him Stinky, and in season three all he does is be a dick to the marines.

Phlox was annoying as hell in seasons 1 and 2 and just a little gross, but he was good in seasons 3 and 4.

I've had a greater appreciation for Lwaxana Troi since now I skip everything but her DS9 appearances and Menage a Troi.

8. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I kinda had a hard time with Trip at first -- something about that "twangy" accent and his persponality. I flat out disliked T'Pol in season 1. I started to warm to Trip in season 2 with the episode where the crew went a little bonkers, can't think of the name of it right now. I really started liking T'Pol in season 3 when she finally started to come apart at the seams. She was too perfect in season 1 and was obnoxious about it.

Liked all the rest of the ENT characters.

TNG - Wanted to airlock Riker - that never changed.
    DS9 - Wanted to airlock Julian
    VOY - Wanted Janeway, Chakotee, and Neelix, gone. I'v since warmed to Janeway some.

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Reed grew on me with each viewing and now he's one of my favorite characters. Very understated and well acted.

10. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah. Reed should have been the third guy in Archer's trio along with T'Pol. A far more approachable and likeable guy than that moron Trip.

11. teacake

He's lucky they didn't kill the dog on the spot. Even if they had done that his reaction would have been just as idiotic, amateur and diplomacy retarded. I know people say they were new at it, untested etc.. but ffs if WE can see how just taking the dog down there was dumb you would think Archer could.

12. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As I said in the another thread, I'm enjoying season 3, I'm invested in it. So every dumb thing Archer does really stands out. ("Raijiin") You're interviewing -for the second time in three episodes-a prisoner by yourself? and then you *enter the cell with the woman who has telepathic/mind control abilities*? Brilliant Archer.

Not to mention the Trek staple of beaming down...and then...saying things like "The air is breathable".

But, for every one thing they do wrong, they do three things right. I just quibble a lot.

13. teacake

:guffaw:
    I love Enterprise. I may bash Archer but I thoroughly enjoy all of it.

14. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yes! I feel the same way!
    I mean, Chef was kind of annoying at first, but the more I saw of him, the more he grew on me. :p

15. Nx-01fan

Nx-01fan Ensign Newbie

The only character that I raised an eyebrow T'Pol-style at was Doctor Phlox, but only at first - that smile took a bit of getting used to :)

16. teacake

I wish we had seem that smile more often. They kind of didn't do it for a few seasons iirc.

17. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I always have a little trouble initially with alien cast members (I didn't like Spock when I first saw him), and Phlox reminded me too much of Neelix with his makeup and constant merriment. Though a continually cranky alien might be hard to take, too. T'Pol might fit the cranky mode though.

Trip's accent didn't bother me too much, as I knew people who talked like that back in the Ozarks (which Trinneer apparently based it on). It was a risky choice, because Trip could have easily turned into a good ol' boy redneck ala Dukes of Hazzard.

And poor Travis winds up with the short stick. We learn he grew up on a freighter, but not much is made of it afterwards. And after establishing he's an outdoors type, later references to that have him get injured while rock climbing or he's the first crewman to be incapacitated by the threat-of-the-week.

But the actors all seemed to gel with their characters and relationships fairly quickly. Scene chemistry was pretty good all around, just about any two of the actors could be put in a room together and create something interesting.

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

It seems like the Mayweather character should've been played by someone older and been further up the chain of command. Since the character was the second most experienced space traveler behind T'Pol.

Too bad they couldn't have gotten someone like Morgan Freeman to play the scraggly, space-boomer XO.

19. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Or Terrence Howard, in his early 30s at the time, but he was already getting noticed for his film work. I didn't have a problem with Anthony Montgomery, just that he was sometimes reduced to "Entering standard orbit, Captain" lines too often, like early Sulu.

20. Danger Ace

Danger Ace Commander Red Shirt

I too prefer my starship crews lobotimized and drooling as they zip around on the galatic short-bus. I especially enjoy watching them while having some dry white toast and a glass of Tang. :techman: