Halloween Costume Thread (3rd Edition)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Awesome pics firecrackerrrr! :)

2. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Are you going to walk around with a Coffee mug, so people know who you are?

3. firecrackerrrr

firecrackerrrr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Perhaps. Although how can you mistake The Hair.

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Awesome costumes.

5. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I am relenting. Here are a few of my costumes over the years. And for the record, I designed and fabricating most of the bits myself.

Zombie... The left side of my face has a latex "rotting" appliance applied. The red eyes are from the camera but I thought it looked cool so I left it.

[​IMG]

This is the infamous fairy costume. It was meant to be ironic. I have worn it several times because I love the ears.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Jekyll and Hyde. The left side, or Hyde side, was supposed to have a large reptilian skinned latex make-up appliance. But the mold failed and I had to improvise at the last minute. I am also wearing a snake-eye contact lens and a wig.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Trek costume I made last year. I hate the shiny fabric of the shirt. It makes me look about a stone heavier in pictures.

[​IMG]

And the details...

The custom detailing on the pants.
    [​IMG]

The utility belt...
    [​IMG]

And the props... which are the Playmates toys but with a new paint job and properly weathered.
    [​IMG]

I created this out of styrene. I made it before the pins were available for purchase. If I was to wear the costume again I have purchased the pin for it already.
    [​IMG]

6. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

^^ Pure brilliance!
    There's nothing better than a well made Trek uniform.

I remember seeing a lot of really crappy ones fans would make and it just made me wish they hadn't even tried. I'm talking using a red turtleneck cotton shirt and putting white ribbons on it and black dress pants with black running shoes and trying to pass it off as a TWOK uniform.

7. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Woohooo! Awesome, AS. ;)

8. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

What with the Smurf avatar and the Halloween name changes I thought you were Astrosmurf complimenting himself for a moment! :lol:

9. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

I've never dressed up for halloween, but I always wanted to as Archangle from Airwolf.
    [​IMG]

10. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

What?! You mean the name under my av and my signature weren't obvious enough? :lol: :p

11. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Smurfy I LOVE your Jeckyll and Hyde costume -- that one always sticks in my mind!

Happily I found the perfect moustache for my hermaphroditic gay sailor costume! I just need a pair of swabbies so I'm going to a thrift store tomorrow. I'm totally going to emphasize both the male and the female. I have far too feminine a figure and features to actually try to pull off the drag king thing, and I want to do Sexy Sailor without doing Slutty Sailor, and while keeping my own off-beat aesthetic in the mix. So, rather than strapping down my breasts I'm wearing my best bra, the swabbies, either a tight striped tee or tank, a red handkerchief around my neck, and a sailor hat with my hair slicked back underneath. I'm going to go all out on my eyes -- smokey shadow and maybe false eyelashes to make them super feminine, bright red lippy and nail polish, and, of course, the moustache. I'm also going to draw tattoos on my arms -- anchors, sexy ladies, etc. I'm pondering a hairy chest but I'm not sure how to accomplish it.

12. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

This week on "Phrases you never thought you'd hear..."

13. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

You going "retro" sailor or modern? Ie, looking like a modern naval sailor or one from WWII?

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Overheard in New York (one of my favorite websites of all time, BTW) is any indication, half the population talks that way. :lol:

15. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me in my second Doctor outfit.
    [​IMG]

16. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, we decided on a costume. My roommate is going as Shaggy, I'm going as Fred, my GF is going as Velma and my roommate's dog is going to be Scooby Doo. We couldn't get my roommate's GF to go as Daphne (she wanted to go as Katy Perry :rolleyes:), but it should be a fun pic.

17. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  18. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

^Clever!

utterly adorable!

19. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I'm going more for sailor pastiche than any specific era. Today I found AMAZING bright red pin-up style pumps that are going to go perfectly with my gender-bending ensemble. Now all I need is the red bandana for around my neck. The best part is that the shoes were only $15 at a thrift shop!

20. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i am fully prepared to be both aroused and disturbed by the sight of you this time.

can hamaphrodites truly be gay though?