THE CAPE 1x5 "Dice" Jan 31st *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 31, 2011.

?

What Did You Think of "Dice"?

Poll closed May 1, 2011.
  1. Excellent!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Good

75.0%
  3. Average

25.0%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Horrible!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

THE CAPE All New Tonight!

1x5 "Dice" Jan 31st NBC 9PM

THE CAPE FACES OFF AGAINST A YOUNG SAVANT WHO CHALLENGES THE FATE OF PALM CITY– MENA SUVARI GUEST STARS –Peter Fleming — aka Chess (James Frain) — and the ARK Corporation prepare to unveil a special device that may alter the fate of Palm City. Tracey Jerrod — aka Dice (guest star Mena Suvari), — a young savant and inspiration for the device, emerges and targets Chess to avenge her father’s death. Realizing he must keep his enemy alive in order to fully destroy him, Vince — aka The Cape (David Lyons) — suddenly finds himself defending his archnemesis. With the help of Rollo (Martin Klebba), Ruvi (Anil Kumar), Raia (Izabella Miko) and Max (Keith David), Vince attempts to master new skills and also tries to accept how his choices will affect his wife, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) and son, Trip (Ryan Wynott).
    http://www.capesite.net/the-cape-episode-5-dice-images/

Guest stars Mena Suvari and Elliott Gould.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCsBiDWl9-s[/yt]
    THE CAPE "Dice" Promo

Looks good! :bolian:

2. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks like fun. Mena Suvari looks migh-tee fine.:drool:

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Yes she does. :drool:

:D

4. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Enjoy while you can--ratings don't look very conducive to renewal...

5. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow - I didn't realize that her career had sunk this low!

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I'll tune in just for Mena Suvari.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

"Scales" seemed better than "Kozmo" and "Dice" looks better than anything so far. :shrug:

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

9. Jack Bauer

Ah...the typical "Hero must save the villain from another villain" plot. Oh, well it was nicely done and Mena Suvari made a good villain..though she was kinda crazy. And it looks like fate or a higher power may have played a role in Vince becoming the Cape.

in the earlier episodes I thought that Chess's weird eyes were just contacts he put in as Chess but in this episode one second he had normal eyes and then they cut away from his face for a moment or two and then he had the weird eyes. I don't think Flemming is wearing contacts at all now. His eyes change on their own. Freaky.

Orwell is definitely Flemming's daughter. Her reaction when Vince wished he had killed him really cinched it for me. She was quite pissed at the suggestion.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Just saw it at NBC.com

Excellent!

Great ep, very interesting...shame they didn't have this quality in the beginning.

[edit] Yeah Chess' eyes changing was freaky. :lol:

11. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

I liked the episode...

As far as Chess' eyes changing... I think he has a multiple personality disorder. His Chess persona appeared at the end. Now his usual self is also evil, and knows that he is 'Chess' - But my interpretation is that there is another 'true' Chess personality that manifests itself to him. And so he puts on the contacts when he dresses up as 'Chess' to match his view of his personality.

Remember, his Dr. was asking if he was seeing 'things' again. (or something to that effect)

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I voted "good". I'm really enjoying The Cape thus far, but am not hopeful for a season two. I hope things get sufficiently wrapped up before the end, and NO CLIFFHANGER!!! A few loose threads sufficient for a S2 if it happens perhaps, but unless they are sure of a renewal, I hope they give us an actual ending!

13. Jack Bauer

NBC is reducing the number of episodes for The Cape from 13 to 10. That is not a good sign at all. :(

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Fuck NBC. I am not even going to bother if Wonder Woman makes it on their schedule.