Enterprise Pic

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by bdb, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Guest

I'm satisfied. What little I've seen is enough for me to get a sense of what this movie is going to be, visually.

Just a little thing to throw out and I don't care if this is how the Enterprise appears throughout or not but, as a thought exercise, the Enterprise as it appeared when it was commissioned doesn't have to completely resemble the Enterprise as early as even "The Cage". The Enterprise changed its appearance in ways large and small between its first appearance in the original pilot and its last appearance in TSFS.

Like we'll see different versions of Spock, we might see subtle or not so subtle differences in the Enterprise especially since the age of the actor who plays Pike suggests that he was in command of the Enterprise for a while and that, in turn, the Enterprise was around for at least as long. A definite maybe.

Either way, that's a great looking pic!

2. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

It'll be interesting if this Enterprise starts to morph into the Enterprise of TOS as the film goes further and further, or starts to resemble it more with sequels.

3. Trevacious

Trevacious Captain Captain

Hahah, that's great. About time AMT/ERTL came out with a 1:1 scale Enterprise! Can't wait to build mine and light it up!

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

For some reason, that official picture feels like it should have the James Horner Trek music to go with it.

5. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

^ I think you mean Jerry Goldsmith. :)

6. starburst

starburst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does it really matter if it doesnt start looking more and more like the ship.

As ever waiting to see more, although I like and cant wait to see the rest of it and the insides

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, I mean the James Horner seafarer-type music from Star Trek II and III. :)

Listen to the Main Title.

8. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

I did some brightness/contrast manipulation and erased the big boom out of the background. Then I traced over it. The layers below are the result.

[​IMG]

Looks like those things under the bridge are staying.

9. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm thinking that's the bridge area itself. We'll get at least a three way view of the stars.

Bet the main screen is a holoviewer.

Sharr

10. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks more like the spotlights from the TMP version.

11. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

Some assembly required.... Box contains 3,465.12 million parts.... Batteries not included.... May contain small parts that are a chokeing hazzard to children.... Stand not included.... Eartl / AMT not responcible if you rip a hole in the Space / Time continum.... Lighting kit not included.... Paint not included.... Decals not included.... Workforce of several hundred not included as well.....

- W -
    * smirks *

12. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

::: does Jedi Master finger wave :::

No, you mean Jerry Goldsmith.

::: does Jedi Master finger wave again :::

;)

13. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

Spotlights, Weapons ports, really big-ass windows... who knows. Hey, maybe it's their version of Ten-Forward... "Three-in-the-Round." That's it! It's the enterprise's rotating restaurant!

14. Stag

Stag Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh c'mon, who would paint the name and numbers on the hull of their starship before it is completed - what if it gets scratched ;)

I like it. I am curious how the ship will look in its entirety - the nacelles seem "bulkier", the extra sort of bulge between the bridge area and the rest of the primary hull.

Regardless, I am pumped. New TREK stuff to get excited about. :thumbsup:

15. DumbDumb2007

DumbDumb2007 Commander

looks like teh ship is being built planetside. when ready industrial strength tractor beams will lift ip up into orbit.
    it looks like an eariler version of teh ship from TMP bypassing the ship from TOS

16. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know, a good thing to note here is how positive the general reaction seems to be over just one picture.

Very little negativity...yet.

Feels good to be a Star Trek fan again.

17. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Definitely Goldsmith.

Horner? Meh.

Those look a lot like TMP-era phaser emplacements just fore and aft of the hyphen in "NCC-1701."

18. TigerBait

TigerBait Captain Captain

hip hip hurrah! go trek go! ok that's the spurs fan in me

19. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's what I thought too. But I just checked startrek.com and a few other forums and, predictably, many people are losing their shit over this.

I don't see why. I think it looks awesome. I was expecting changes that were way more radical than this.

20. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm getting a good buzz off this...