The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Re: Third Nolan Batman film title announced!

HunterB5446,

Thanks for the complement your thought on a red,green,and yellow armored suit could work in a Nolan-Verse third film made out of Batman Begins spare nomex suit,but with lighter weight ceramic armored plates in strategic places the cape could be made from the same memory fabric as the Bat cape,but dyed yellow or golden in color the boots, codpiece,and gloves could be green,and TDK style gauntlets as well as the rest of suit could be not a dark red as in B&R,but much lighter in color. Other items such as Robin's utility belt its the same design,but with Robinesque weaponry such as sling shot, Robin-rangs, grappling gun the mask is part of a half-hood style that contains communications,night vision lenses, HUD,a collapsible oxygen mask,and eye seals like a jet fighter pilot something fox and Alfred collaborated on after Bruce is sprayed with the fear toxin in Batman Begins off screen towards the end the film. hopefully the bat suit will show that innovation in the first few minutes of the third film.
    What do you think of my ideas so far?
    Signed
    Buck Rogers

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I would have a red, green, and yellow armored suit for Dick based on Tim Drake's last Robin design.

3. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

I think somebody called that earlier. ;)

4. Admiral_Young

I wonder what Nolan wanted to originally call it if one assumes that Warner Bros forced the "Rises" part on him.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

No, what WB wanted was for it to have The Dark Knight in it, for marketing reasons that should be self-evident.

6. Admiral_Young

Ah, indeed it does.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I really do think he wanted to call it "The Batman" a title I approve of. :bolian:

8. Admiral_Young

^ That sounds good to me, especially if this movie is about Bruce fully embracing his role as Batman without any clutter or distractions.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Meh, I don't really think it's a big deal either way. The title never actually appeared in Batman Begins or The Dark Knight, and I don't expect the title to appear in The Dark Knight Rises, either.

10. Admiral_Young

Actually it does but at the credits. I think the same for "The Dark Knight".

11. Skywalker

You sure? Darn, now I'll have to watch them again and find out for myself. :p

12. Admiral_Young

Pretty sure yep. Just watched both films last night.

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It is so silly not to put the title of a film at the beginning. And I miss having credits at the beginning. I like to know going in who the actors, composer, etc. are. Besides, a good title sequence is cool.

14. Admiral_Young

I had no problem with the credits being omitted at the start of both Nolan Batman films, we go right into the story. "The Dark Knight" especially works very well this way. Studio logos, DC logo, then bam Joker bank robbery scene.

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

It also puts the movie in front priority. None of this

"DC entertainment is proud to present........."

"A Chris Nolan film"

"Costumes by Linda hemming"

"Special Joker makeup by...."

16. Admiral_Young

Which is why I believe Nolan edited it that way. He wants to get right to the movie, sometimes it's bothersome to have opening credits scrawled over the opening scene of the movie. I'm all for wanting to see who did what but that's what end credits are for and yes I stay in the theater until the end of the end credits, it irks my friends who normally want to leave but I make them stay.

17. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

The title at the end actually has a legitimate story reason. The titles for Nolan's films have always had a special resonance and meaning to the overall arc or theme of the film, and at the end of Batman Begins, the title is essentially saying that Batman has begun, and for The Dark Knight it means that Batman has went through something and earned that title, and with Gordon's speech at the end of the film, it just makes the title that much more pivotal and integral to the story.

Plus, I enjoy Nolan's films that forgo the opening title sequence and just get right into the meat of the story- it saves time and instead of getting bogged down in the credits, the movie just begins and you get on with the story. I actually think that's one of the very cool trademarks of Christopher Nolan and his Batman films.

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

As a general rule, I dislike opening credits.

19. Admiral_Young

^ Exactly, also if one views the film "The Dark Knight" ends precisely at the same time that Gordon says the title. The titles of both films fit with the themes of the movie that Nolan wants to explore. I believe that this will be so again with the third film.

20. Skywalker

I also prefer movies that just open with the title and then get right to it.