Cast any actor from any era as your dream Superman cast

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Borgified Corpse, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Pre-Crisis, Superman was the real person and Clark Kent was just a role he played. Post-Crisis, Clark was the real person and Superman was just a role he played. So post-Crisis Clark is less of a "mild-mannered" caricature, more of a fully realized and nuanced person.

2. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I dunno. To me, Superman will always be the real person. Then again, to understand Clark, or Superman, or WHATEVER -- you have to realize that Clark Kent is who he is because of how he was raised by the Kents. They raised him with good morals and beliefs, and that is what makes him Superman -- strip him of his powers, and he's still the same 'ole Boy Scout, who believes in "Truth, Justice, and the American Way". So I guess that makes him more Clark Kent as the real person, and Superman as the secret identity. Hmm. Never thought about that.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I think Savalas in On Her Majesty's Secret Service mode would have been an excellent Lex. A tad obvious perhaps, but his Blofeld is nicely menacing without being as hammy as Donald Pleasance's or as camp as Charles Gray. He could have been equally impressive opposite Christopher Reeve's Man of Steel as opposite Lazenby's 007.

4. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I've always thought Cary Grant would have made a great Superman.

Same with Gregory Peck. Atticus Finch has a very Golden/Silver Age Clark Kent look to him.

5. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Eva Marie Saint on the set of Superman Returns compared Brandon Routh to Gregory Peck.