Star Trek: TITAN: Animated Series

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Geoff Thorne, May 28, 2009.

1. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dare a TrekLit author to put a Caitian character with lolcat-esque grammar in one of the books.

2. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exactly - Hsuuri walks into the mess hall and asks, "I can has cheezburger?"

3. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nope, I am! Lolzroflmaomfgimhowtfuespa

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

If you're reading as "Oh, really," then yes. It's stressed on the first syllable. Rhymes with "hoarily."

5. ambessalion

ambessalion Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

beautiful art...all of it....i wish i could draw like that....

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Trek movie announced back in 2006 that a new animated Trek series was in preproduction, but apparently nothing has become of it since then. Maybe the movie will bring it back up.

7. Christopher

It would be more accurate to say that it was in development. Producer Dave Rossi (of ENT and TOS Remastered) pitched the idea to CBS, and they asked him to develop some test artwork and scripts for their consideration, but they hadn't actually committed to putting the series into production. They were just considering Rossi's proposal. And since we've heard nothing in two and a half years, I'd say it's unlikely to be going forward. Indeed, the very fact that Rossi talked about its details publicly at that stage suggests to me that it was pretty much going nowhere. Producers working on active projects tend to be much more close-mouthed about them until much later in the game. I suspect that he was talking about it publicly as sort of a test balloon, to see if audiences responded positively enough to convince CBS to go ahead with it.

8. Geoff Thorne

Geoff Thorne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I got a look at it back then (2006-07). It was okay. A fairly straightforward Trek show with new cast and ship. At the time I thought it was a great idea. Now? Hmmm.

Now that we've had two versions of CLONE WARS, both stellar, and now the new film, I think a better show can easily be created.

And should be.

Whether that show is TITAN-based or not is not relevant.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, and like someone said up thread it's pretty much the only big summer movie from the past few years that hasn't gotten some kind of animated counterpart (yet).
    Spider-Man series => The Spectacualar Spider-Man
    Nolan Batman => The Batman and Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    X-Men series => Wolverine and the X-Men
    Fantastic Four series => Fantastic Four: The World's Greatest Heroes
    Star Wars prequesl => Clone Wars
    Transformers => Transformers: Animated
    The only ones of these I've actually seen are The Spectacual Spidermand, Clone Wars, and parts of the first four W&XM on Nick's website.

10. Christopher

On the one hand, I think it'd be cool to have a new ST animated series. On the other hand, I worry about canon and credibility where such a series would be concerned. How fanciful might it get, especially if it were geared toward younger viewers? Arguably it's too late to think in these terms, but I prefer my ST to be relatively plausible.

Then again, maybe the new movie has set a precedent; maybe it'll no longer have to be assumed that all Trek shows are in the same continuity. None of those animated series JD mentions are in the same continuity as their movie counterparts (although the FF cartoon pretty much used the origin story from the movies).

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot, they also just started a new Iron Man cartoon a couple months back on Nicktoons.
    Gah, us poor people who can't afford digital cable just can't win can we?
    At least they're airing Clone Wars on Cartoon Network.

12. Andy Mangels

Andy Mangels Writer Red Shirt

I pronounce it "Orally" not "Oh Really" or "O'Riley"

But as per Chris above, I guess it is "Oh, Really"

13. Christopher

Uhh, no, my point was that it isn't pronounced that way. "Orally" is basically right, except it should be an unstressed I sound in the second syllable, rhyming with "hoarily" or "gorily."

And "Malar" is accented on the second syllable, rhyming with "kanar."

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Apropos of nothing and for reasons known only to the voices in my head, Orilly Malar makes me think of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.

15. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

aMershik from "Sword of Damocles" is Eeyore, from an entire civilization of Eeyores: sarcastic pessimists. :)

16. Christopher

Ooh, I like it. Though I think I'm more reminded of Mr. Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street.

17. Geoff Thorne

With tentacles!

The Thymerae are the anti-Deltans.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  18. Geoff Thorne

[​IMG]

Hsuuri

Ogrebear likes this.
  19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Outstanding...just stumbled over all of these wonderful pieces of art and this kind of "cartoony" animated style that I would like to see a ST series be done in, Buffy too for that matter. I think my favorite piece is the Ailli one, very well done. Korvig looks kick ass as well and I love the wall papers and would like to see a Red King one as well. Vanguard is up next huh? That should be interesting. Do you mind if I saved these and showed them to my friends? They'd get a big kick out of these...

20. Geoff Thorne

To quote myself: "Have a ball."

These are for exactly that sort of fun.

And THANKS!