PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Groovetacular, baby. Very eye-catching!

2. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Mesmerizing design. Did you design it?

3. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Wow, that's amazing, tsq!

4. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

^It turned out great, huh?!

Nope! I reworked it a little and changed the colors, but it's actually from Jesus Christ Superstar! I know it's dorky, but the retro rock look reminds me of my childhood, and I just fell in love with it. I wanted something colorful and happy and not deep or meaningful at all!

ETA: Besides, this is the last place to feel dorky for having a fangirl tattoo!

5. Kestra

That's perfect then. Definitely colorful and happy! Thanks for showing it off. :)

6. thestrangequark

^I'm very happy with it! Man, it really fucking hurt, though! I have three other tats, and I'm not a wimp, but this hurt more than the other three combined. I guess just the size of it and being on the spine -- but, dayum!

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    How much did it hurt to get such a large and elaborate tattoo? I must confess I'm pretty squeamish about such things.

8. Kestra

What are the locations of the other ones? I know you have something on your arm, right?

I think pain is a huge reason I'd never get a tattoo. Plus I can only think of one sort of vague idea of what I'd want to get.

9. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

very nice, it'll feel better in a week or so, spine tats are the worst

10. thestrangequark

I'm not going to lie or act tough. It was really fucking painful. Not the worst pain I've ever experienced, but it did hurt a lot. There was a point about a half hour in when the adrenaline had kicked in and it didn't really hurt, but the entire third hour was a bitch.

I have one on my shoulder in the front, sort of under my collar bone, one on my upper arm, and one on my inner arm. It was definitely just the placement and size, because the others weren't nearly as painful. Most of the time it feels like a cat-scratch, really nothing more. There's a point about 2 hours in when your body runs out of endorphins, though, and it burns something fierce. I honestly don't think I'll get another near my spine! But I'm not deterred from getting the half-sleeve I've always wanted.

11. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

That's really nice, tsq. Saw the one on your shoulder in an earlier photo, that looked really nice and tasteful. Good work.

12. thestrangequark

^Thanks. I rather like them. :) I am already excited for the next one (though it's going to take me ages to save up enough money). I want to create a half-sleeve, using the same blues, teals, and blacks as are in the star, that will cover my left arm from the crook of the elbow to the shoulder, tying together all the tats on that arm into one cohesive piece that matches the star. I made a painting a couple years ago inspired by bubble chamber images and fractal mathematics, and I showed it to the artist who did this tat. He was really enthusiastic about my idea, so much so that he told me to just go ahead and bring the picture and other inspiration in so we can start planning, even though I won't be able to do it for several months. Can't wait!

13. Sephiroth

damn TSQ, you going for the whole Yakuza body mural look?

14. thestrangequark

Definitely not.

15. Sephiroth

I want to get Scar's arm tattoos from FMA Brotherhood

16. thestrangequark

^You should do it!

17. Sephiroth

unfortunately, arm ink like that isn't very conductive to employment, perhaps when I make it rich (then you can sit with me while I get it done)

18. thestrangequark

^You know what is less conducive to employment? Not wearing a shirt to your interview.

19. Sephiroth

the scar tattoos are full arm, so it's either long sleeves all the time or I hold off on it for a bit

20. thestrangequark

^You'd be surprised, tats are becoming more and more acceptable in the workplace. Besides, presumably you'll be wearing a suit to your interview -- no one will see them!