Burn Notice: "Friends Like These" 7/30 - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Jul 31, 2009.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Above average

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Average

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Below average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Second to last episode before the midseason hiatus. :(

[​IMG]

While Michael agrees to help Barry retrieve a stolen business ledger, he also takes on a job that might help clear his burn notice.

2. Aragorn

Did no one watch this episode? I saw the thing with who the true villain was coming from a mile away, but was surprised Fiona didn't suspect it with how nice she was being.

3. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Midseason hiatus already?

How many have aired, like 5-6? I thought 16 was the magic number this year?

Yeah, I figured they were too intent on establishing her as the innocent and him as the villain for there not to be a twist, but it was entertaining...

Next week things come to a head...

4. Aragorn

What surprised me was the villain getting away. I guess we'll be seeing her again, though she is a really good actress if you've seen Rescue Me or ER.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop regarding the "agent to the spies" guy, though him just using Michael for his evil deeds would seem too easy a way to go. Maybe he'll get murdered and Michael gets blamed. Or it turns out he's over his head and something bad happens.

Also, unless there's some payoff with Mood Bloodgood's character down the road, the story arc with her was a big waste of time.

5. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I give it an average. Loved seeing Barry again -- and giving Madeline something to do to help out Michael was pretty cool. I just wish there had been more of the cool homemade gadgets and cleverness from seasons past.

This season has been such a dud. I hope next time we see Michael and Co. TPTB have done a better job of sticking to the premise. What I loved about the first two seasons was that the show had heart and season 3 has almost completely abandoned that. :(

6. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed it and found the idea that Michael's pushing his friends to the limit in his quest to get unburned fascinating. But more gizmos would have been cool, too.

7. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

The wife and I liked it. Looks like they are setting up Michael to be more of a loner next season, which could work, as long as Sam is there from time to time. Really looking forward to seeing what happens next.

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I'll give this one an average. The caper wasn't that interesting but the way that Michael is using everyone to get "unburned" is becoming more obvious. I take it that Fiona will be at risk, and they can use her against him somehow?

I did like Mom getting in on the act and how Sam finally spoke up and said, "Being your friend is really hard."

It's always good to see Barry, but whenever they do a close-up on him, I miss what he's saying half the time because I'm staring at all the piercings he has. Every time he moves his head, they all wiggle. :lol:

9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Missed this one. Maybe I'll catch it tomorrow. But, honestly, this season (the first full one I've seen of this series) has been a non-starter. Even Bruce Campbell isn't enough to interest me, and I'm bewildered as to how the show could waste so much time with Moon Bloodgood and not give the storyline a proper conclusion.

10. auntiehill

^She may show up again, later on. You never know. Last season was AWESOME, so I think they've had a hard time topping themselves.

What Michael needs is a better puzzle to solve or a villain who is actually bigger, stronger and/or smarter than he is, so that he can rise to the challenge. I'm hoping that is what will happen in the season finale.

11. Aragorn

"Michael Weston, if you want your old job back, you'll track down The A-Team for us."

12. auntiehill

^Don't tease me like that. :p

That would be the BEST. SHOW. EVER. :lol:

13. Aragorn

"Michael Weston, my name is Angus MacGyver. My associates are Templeton Peck, Michael Knight and Stringfellow Hawke. 20 years ago we did what you're doing now, only on a much broader scale. We'd like to offer you a job."

14. auntiehill

Templeton Peck? Oh HELL yes. The others? Eww.

15. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

I miss ruthless Fi. Touchy-feely Fi came out of nowhere and is getting on my nerves.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

17. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

I agree, I'm glad Mike saved her and all but bring back the old Fi.