Ringo Starr Looks Great for 74

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by tomalak301, Feb 10, 2014.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not sure if anyone watched The Beatles special tonight but I found out that Ringo was 74. I was shocked, because looking at him he doesn't look a day over 50. Yeah I know Make Up helps, but he's as energetic now as he was back then and I honestly thought he was better than Paul McCartney during the individual segments. It's a shame he's always looked at as kind of the outsider of the group because now he's still rocking and looking good doing it.

Anyone else watch the special, or just think Ringo Starr is the best Beatle? ;)

2. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

Choosing a best Beatle is like choosing a best Beatle song. They're all great. Besides, best at what? Melody, lyrics, harmonizing, guitar, piano, drums?

3. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Sir Thumbs-a-lot is the best at putting his thumbs up.

4. tomalak301

I was thinking more along the lines of entertainer.

5. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Ringo wasn't the best Beatle, John was. :)

But I was thinking the same thing you were when looking at Ringo on the show. He looks WAY younger than Paul. Fingo just seems so unpretentious and down to earth -- just a regular guy. He seemed completely relaxed talking to Letteman about the past, where Paul seemed his usual kind of uptight, nervous self. And no offense to Paul, love all of the Beatles, individually and as a whole.

I did laugh out loud at Yoko and those glassses sitting on the end of her nose and that hat. Sean was there too, right? I thought that was him.

Why Katie Perry? So many other singers could have done a better job. My favorite performance was Imagine Dragons', Revolution.

That was a nice touch getting those girls who were actually shown on camera in the studio to comment. Anyone recall that Stevie's verion of Try to See it My Way was a huge hit for him.

Loved the show.

6. TheMurph

TheMurph Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought it was great! I have to say, I found myself enjoying Ringo's set more than Paul's just because Ringo's performance seemed so much more relaxed. Both were great though.

Loved Ringo giving a shout out to Dave Grohl's daughter.

7. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Just compare him to Phil Collins, who at sixty-something can't even dance like he used to on stage anymore; Ringo was up and at 'em like nobody's business last night.

8. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I took my mom to see Ringo two years ago when he toured with the All-Starr Band that summer, and Ringo did jumping jacks on stage! "He's pretty spry for seventy-two!" I said. My mom said she couldn't do jumping jacks like that and she's not anywhere near as old as he is.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Say what you will about her but Yoko wasn't doing bad considering she's 80.

Which just added to the sense of him being quite at ease. Would have loved to hear the No No Song.

10. tomalak301

Yeah. Both were great and it was nice to see Ringo and Paul together again, but Ringo looked like he was having fun up there. Paul looked a little more serious.

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

12. tomalak301

As for the cover performances, I would buy a that cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. That was a very definition of a jam session and it sounded amazing.

13. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

^When somebody posts this special (or parts of it) on YouTube, just have your browser make an MP3 of the part that 'My Guitar Gently Weeps'.

14. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Ringo still looks like Arafat.

15. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

No, Arafat looked like Ringo.

16. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought he looked like Mr Conductor.

17. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, if only there were a Three Conductors story -- Starr, Carlin, and Baldwin.

18. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

A multiversal crisis, call the writers from DC comics stat!