What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Playing U2 before U1? Blasphemy! Sure, U2 is easily superior to U1, but U1 is still a great game itself.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, RoJoHen. Just in time for Uncharted 3 in a couple of months! :techman:

2. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Playing Civilization 5

3. Goldenbird

Goldenbird Lieutenant Red Shirt

I finally have got the chance to play Fable 3 and Mass Effect 2 again. I was in Germany for 5 months and the xbox360 was back home so I had no chance to do some gaming. Before I left too the xbox360 got the red ring of death so all my game files were deleted *sob* so now I have to do my mass effect games over again before the third game comes out. I'm not a massive gamer but when I like a game you can't get me away from that xbox!

4. starramp

starramp Guest

I currently playing mass effect game because it is my one of the favourite game at all time. It is an one of the best an action game. It is very interesting game. I am always playing it.

5. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm currently playing inFAMOUS 2 and enjoying it. I also bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution today (PC version, of course) and will be starting it tonight or tomorrow. Also doing some Homefront multiplayer with some pals on the xbox 360.

6. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Started playing Deux Ex: HR myself last night and I'm really digging it. Wasn't even really on my radar as I wasn't really a fan of the original, having first played it only a few years ago, and even by then it was pretty darn dated and fugly. And while I respected its freedom and versatility, I only really focused on the stealth aspects, and Thief frankly did stealth better IMO. Anyway, the glowing reviews of HR started trickling in on Monday, so I spontaneously decided to pick it up yesterday. Once again going the stealth route and I'm having a blast. Best stealth experience I've had since Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Planning on doing non-lethal takedowns on every enemy (going for pacifist achievment) and hacking everything I can to maximize XP so's I can get all the augmentations required to access every hidden area in the game.

7. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Battletoads continues on, but I also picked up Knights in the Nightmare for the DS. It's a strange SRPG/bullet hell shmup hybrid that has some great reviews. I tend to bemoan the lack of creativity in modern gaming, so this is something that I need to play.

8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I purchased Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Augmented Edition) yesterday, though this semester looks to be even heavier on reading for me than past semesters have been (Revolutions, Criminology, and American Constitutional History) so I have no idea when I'll be able to start playing it.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Finished "Uncharted!" Now what? Do I dare buy "Uncharted 2?"

10. Skywalker

Buy it! Buy it now!

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Not now. Maybe later.

What are some other good games? I need to expand my horizons. I've only played about 3-4 games in the last couple years.

I can tell you right now I'm not a fan of first-person shooters. I like to be able to see the whole person (weird gaming requirement, I know, but whatever).

Favorite games/only games I've played recently:

Arkham Asyum
    Infamous (1 and 2)
    Uncharted

Um...and LittleBigPlanet.

12. Kelthaz

You might enjoy the Assassin's Creed games.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have thought about those. I've heard the first one is a lot different from the second one...?

14. Kelthaz

I know the second one is supposed to be a huge improvement over the original, but I don't think the basic gameplay has changed. I haven't actually played the second one though, so I'm just going from hearsay.

15. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The first one is horribly repetitious, I guess I'd say suffer through it just for the sake of the establishing story, but the second one is excellent. Pretty much Grand Theft Auto: Renaissance the way the game/missions are structured, and WAAAAY more variety of stuff to do than the first one. And while Brotherhood isn't quite as good storywise, it brings a number of swell new gameplay elements, and the multiplayer part of it is quite fun as well.

16. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

@RoJoHen

You definitely need to get Uncharted 2 ASAP. ;)

You should also get Assassin's Creed 2 and if you like it AC: Brotherhood. The first AC game is fairly decent, but can also be quite tedious. So it's up to you if you get it or not. If you don't, I'd suggest you read a recap online or something like that (maybe watch a few YouTube videos).

One of my favourite (PS3) games ever is also Valkyria Chronicles. It's this interesting mix of strategy, FRP, and third person shooter. I can see how some people wouldn't like it, so you could always download the demo or read a few reviews before buying it.

The Ratchet & Clank games are also a lot of fun. As an alternative, you could also get the Sly Cooper collection (three games for the price of one). Oh and Just Cause 2 is also a VERY entertaining game.

If you like unrealistic racing games, you should get one of the Motorstorm games. Then you have the well known games like Gran Turismo 5, NHL11, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, all the Call of Duty games...

One game I also REALLY enjoyed was the 2008 Prince of Persia. Oh and Mass Effect 2, just like Uncharted 2 I really think every PS3 (and PC/360) owner should play ME2.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Welp, went out on my lunch break today and picked up Uncharted 2. Goodbye, weekend.

My favorite part of the first one was that there weren't any bosses. I get tired of bosses. It's hard to make a good boss that isn't incredibly repetitive.

18. Skywalker

Excellent. :D

I hope you enjoy it! :techman:

19. Adagio

Adagio Captain Captain

I was able to find Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger for 6 bucks. I've been playing that for a couple days. Not a bad game at all.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Nobody told me that Claudia Black was in this game! :eek:

Now all I can think about is how awesome a Farscape game like this would be.