Nic Cage stars in what looks to be the Falls funniest Comedy.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aldo, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

He was awesome in Kick Ass...

2. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I might be the only one, but I think it looks cool. I'll see anything with Nic Cage in it.

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

He does make a high proportion of 'so bad they're good' films. Drive Angry was bonkers, but hugely enjoyable.

4. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed Knowing, although his typical "run around like a madman yelling at people" routine in the subway should've had him in prison when the solar flare hit.

I was in New Orleans last year and they were shooting this movie right across from where I was staying. I was interested in watching it just to see if a scene I watched getting shot would actually be in it... but this movie looks bad. Even for a Nicolas Cage movie.

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

That looks awful. Honestly, the best Nic Cage stuff right now are the parodies of what a joke he has become as an actor (which he sometimes even participates in, so he has a good sense of humor, at least).

Nic Cage's Agent (College Humor):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eExfV_xKaiM

Get in the Cage with Nic Cage (Saturday Night Live) (The first one has the real Nic Cage in it):
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-get-in-the-cage/1384659

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmh5DIMtAy8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0WB-n7Eb_s&feature=related

6. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

This seems no better or worse than most generic action films that come out which, I guess, means it'll be a pretty bad movie. :lol:

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I guess the fact that it blatantly uses every cliche available while not even making an attempt to hide that fact. Is what I find the most comical.

8. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks a lot more fun than the early fifteen or so minutes of Taken that I saw. :p

9. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

You left after fifteen minutes? Oh man that's when it really got good.

(I may or may not be lying).

10. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Taken is the guiltiest of guilty pleasure movies. There's literally no depth in it or any attempt to have any meaning. Yet it's still a lot of fun that even an elitist jerk like myself found it fun to watch.

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Taken worked for me because of Liam Neeson. Nicholas Cage on the other hand isn't as cool of a badass, at least not anymore.

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

They should've called it "Shaken".

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The Taken title has already been taken. :p

14. Matt S

Matt S Lieutenant Red Shirt

This man just collects paychecks. He's stopped really trying years ago

15. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah. Cage is the definition of a sell out. The guy was possibly the best actor of his generation until he decided he'd rather take easy paychecks for crappy action films.

16. Locutus of Bored

But there's not a single dead Albanian sex trafficker in that part! So, to you Taken is just a movie where a guy's obnoxious ex-wife and her rich husband get their annoying daughter a pony so she can live like a real life Malibu Barbie? I weep for you, sir.

Please tell me this was just on TV (where it's on almost every week) and that this was not another movie you paid money for and walked out on.

17. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it was TV. But the daughter didn't annoy me, and Neeson was so paranoid about a harmless-sounding jaunt about Europe that it seriously creeped me out. If a European movie had a dad saying the same thing about two girls wanting to backpack through several American cities, with the result being their immediate abduction by non-white/immigrant assailants, I think a lot of us would very justifiably be pretty insulted. The whole thing just felt a bit sick.

At least this movie might have wacky elements in Cage and an absurd heist.

18. Locutus of Bored

Yeah, I hate it when American movies are insulting to Europeans. I mean, if they're going to do that, the French studio should hire a French writer, director, producer, and have it be filmed on location in France. You know, like that movie Taken was.

BTW, your ability to get "creeped out" by the insulting nature of the abduction scenario in Taken yet completely overlook the similarly insulting (by your standards) abduction scenario in this new Cage movie makes perfect sense. Continue.

19. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Luc Besson rocks for movies... he's the whole reason i saw this movie is the first place...

though i still say his masterpiece was the original Nikita :D

M

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Leon (aka The Professional) for me.