Mirror Ezri

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by dub, Jan 10, 2013.

1. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was not a fan of Ezri...but I WAS a huge fan of Ezri from the mirror universe! I think it would have been awesome if they somehow killed off "normal" Ezri inside the mirror universe and Mirror Ezri was sent to the other side as a spy or something for the rest of the season, then at the end, she could have made her way back to the mirror universe leaving the door open for questions like...what happened when she went back? What was she doing there in the first place? Adding more mystery to the ending would have been pretty cool. Anyway, I guess I just thought Mirror Ezri was hawt. :drool:

2. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Hawt as she was, the whole point of the character was that she's Dax. A somewhat different Dax, but still Dax. Mirror Ezri wouldn't have made much sense.

3. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Rick Berman would never sanction an openly gay character on any of the 4 shows he worked on, but he can totally support displaying a teenage boy fetish fantasy of having two women kiss. Mirror Ezri and the Intendant Kira. Intendant Kira was always portrayed to swing both ways, even with herself (Prime Kira) creepy as that is. Intendant was always wearing tight form fitting leather, and Mirror Ezri sports black leather cloths. Only thing you're missing is whips, chains and nipple tassels.[​IMG]

That don't do enough to ease your pain. Trot over to VOY for the scantly clad 7 of 9 and the subtle and sometimes not so subtle relationship she has with Janeway.
    [​IMG]

4. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It wasn't her sexuality (I honestly forgot about that - I've only seen most of the episodes once so far) or even the leather that I found so attractive, it was more her personality, her confidence and the way she carried herself. I kind of wish the Ezri character was originally written with those qualities. I guess that would have been seen as a cheap attempt at a last minute ratings grab. Or maybe the people in charge think good looks is enough for sex appeal, they can then write whatever personality they want.

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

According to Memory Alpha...
    And apparently Mirror Ezri wasn't a Dax.

6. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But did become one in the last MU novel.

7. Kathryn Janeway

Kathryn Janeway Ensign Newbie

I loved the scene where Rom was convinced she was so much taller than "our Ezri" just because she behaved differently.

8. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

I kinda liked Mirror Ezri--but (obviously ;)) not at the expense of our Ezri.

Frankly...I'd have liked to have seen some interaction between the two. As "tough" and "cool" as MU Ezri was...she didn't seem too self-aware, only just discovering her conscience. She also struck me as having a bit of a chip on her shoulder--she had "something to prove".

I could easily see Prime Ezri confronting her in a manner reminiscent of Bond confronting Leiter in Quantum of Solace: "You know, I don't think your half as cynical as you make yourself out to be...."

9. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

...Is Gorgeous.

/thread

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think MU Ezri was more like "us" than a lot of Trek characters. She was relatable. Confident but not in that tv superchick way, out for herself but not one dimensional. Making the best of wherever she found herself and confident in her ability to do that. I liked her a lot.

11. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

Ticked me off that we didn't have Ezri a few seasons earlier, give her time to get away from the "I'm a new person now and I'm uncomfortable" phase of her character.

Not A Dominion Spy likes this.
  12. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was instantly enamored with Ezri. She was everything I thought I didn't like in a character and I loved her.

13. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dunno, turning mirror Ezri into a BDSM lesbian was rather predictable considering the precedent set by DS9's mirror universe.

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's a long-running SF&F cliche. DS9 is not the only show guilty of it.