Shore Leave announcements

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by ryan123450, Aug 9, 2015.

1. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know I'll get people excited for no reason by the thread title, but I'm looking for the TrekLit news which came out yesterday at Shore Leave. I'm kinda surprised there's been so little talk about the con on the board this week. I didn't even realize it was this weekend until someone mentioned it in passing in a different thread yesterday afternoon.

So we've heard some sparse details about TNG: Prey by JJM, but what other news was announced yesterday Shore Leave attendees. The rest of us are dying to know! Plus any other cool stories from your time this weekend?

2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ditto I've been checking here hoping there would be news about the upcoming novels too.

3. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Anyone have any info on the last 2 spots for 2016's treklit? Was it discussed @Shoreleave? I think it's the releases for late May and late June (June and July books)...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  4. Quimby

Quimby Lieutenant Red Shirt

There was also a large Trek convention in Vegas this past weekend. I wondered if any Lit news came out of that as well.

5. ryan123450

Odd that this much time has past and no one who went to Shore Leave has commented at all.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, I revealed the name of my TOS novel for January 2017, The Face of the Unknown. (Which would come out in late December '16 and is thus technically juuuust barely squeezing in as an anniversary book.) I also revealed that I'm doing another DTI e-novella, Time Lock, which is not yet scheduled.

It looks like Memories Alpha and Beta have everything else listed but the May and June books, and I don't remember what those were.

7. ryan123450

Contratulations, Christopher. I am really excited for another DTI novella.

8. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A TOS novel from you should be interesting.

A new DTI eNovella from you...:drool: Fantastic news! Can't wait to read what you've cooked up for us this time, Christopher.

I'm also surprised more announcements didn't come out of Shore Leave. Did Stargate/Fandemonium not have as big a presence this year as last? I was hoping for some Stargate novel news.

9. Christopher

There was a Stargate books panel and a few guest authors who've done SG fiction, but no official Fandemonium presence. Most of the author panels this year were about more general writing topics (for instance, I did an SF humor panel and one on incorporating factual research into fiction) or just fannish discussion (I did a Sherlock Holmes panel and an Orphan Black panel), rather than discussing our tie-in fiction. Probably because the author guest list is getting more diversified, with more emphasis on small-press SF/fantasy and so forth.

10. Plaristes

Plaristes Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

A new DTI story?! Sweet!!!

11. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

What era is your TOS novel set in?

12. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Congratulations Christopher The face of the unknown sounds like an intriguing Tos story.:techman:

13. Christopher

5YM, since it's the anniversary year. Which would make it only my second pure-5YM story, "As Others See Us" being the first.

14. Jeffrey_Lang

Jeffrey_Lang Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I just found out today that my DS9 novel, Force and Motion, is scheduled to be published in June 2016. So I've got that going for me...

15. ryan123450

...which is nice. Congrats. I look forward to it, and I'm very glad DS9 is back in full force.

16. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whee, more DS9! Very cool. Is this one the Miles/Nog buddy adventure you mentioned before?

17. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Cool, so we have the whole schedule:

January - DS9: Ascendance
    February - VOY: A Pocket Full of Lies
    March - TOS: The Latter Fire
    April - ENT: Live by the Code
    May - TOS: Elusive Salvation
    June - DS9: Force and Motion
    July, August, September - TOS: Legacies
    October, November, December - TNG: Prey
    January - TOS: The Face of the Unknown

18. Jeffrey_Lang

Jeffrey_Lang Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

It is the Miles/Nog story, though the tale took an interesting tangent into TNG territory, too, revealing the fate of a minor (but important) character.

19. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

Do we know anything about the TOS trilogy, Legacies, outside of the title, yet?

20. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

Nice to see some focus on O'Brien. He hasn't featured a lot since his return to DS9.