Orphan Black kept my Attention.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was like a Chekov Comedy, or any episode of Frasier.

:)

There was a jump the shark potential moment when I saw Mat Frewer.

Please keep your Australian accent in check please.

(TV's) Flash Gordon was also there, and the lead of the Canadian comedy Insecurity played his wife.

Poor Vic took a pistol to a nail gun fight.

If Mat Frewer is behind everything, then the clones are converging is by his design, which means that Mrs S is, or was Sarah's monitor, because it was she who decided to move the family to... Are they inuniverse in Toronto or pretending Toronto is a US city?

That is unless Matt's character is just taking advantage of the QUICKENING... Gathering, whatever.

Are they going to go onto Vic's feet or back to the first hand again?

Taitiana is an odd height, or the casting director is paying no attention to these things... She's barely half a head taller than Allison's children, and two heads shorter than her Amazon barbie doll friends from across the street.

Short people are usually tight wads of rage jerky.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

This show is like watching a stage act spinning plates. You keep watching them add more just waiting for it to come all crashing down.

3. Guy Gardener

Oh I agree... And then Vic turned up, and then Paul turned up, I was ecstatic!

They answered my question in part about Kisema's glasses... Can you imagine that Sarah is too punk to wear glasses and has been going through this entire adventure half blind just believing any one of the porridge faces in front of her claiming to be her identical twin isn't a misleading conjob porridge face?

4. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

That's exactly how I felt! I was like "Oh so this is the "Orphan Black: the Sitcom" episode :p

I loved it, but then again it's always fun watching Taitiana playing multiple characters. I'm glad to see psycho clone shows up again next week.

As for the clones, if this show is renewed for a second season, does that mean more Taitiana clones? Or perhaps we follow another woman and her clones?

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

This was the first time it really dawned on me that the actress is interacting with herself. Well acted and well shot.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

It was for me as well. Which actually took me out of the episode for a second as I realized I was watching clever camera angles and special effects. But then it all smoothed out again and I was lost in the show again :)

7. sojourner

Yeah, they overstepped when Sarah tried to take the glass of liquor from psycho-mom (what's her name again?). That bit just looked oh so much like the production team screaming "look how clever we are with the visual effects!"

8. Guy Gardener

I was more thinking about how alcohol tolerance is about nurture not nature Sojurner.

Sarah can drink all night long, snort some cocaine, drink some more and be almost practically fine.

Allison passes out after three glasses of wine.

Orphan Black has already been renewed Aldo. :)

9. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I read the same link you did, and I knew it was coming back, yet I wrote "If it's renewed..." not sure why I did that at all :wtf:

Anyways, I wonder how much of the mystery will be solved, I believe we have about four episodes left, so the finale of this should hit one week after the Doctor Who finale. My Saturdays will be free again to go out and date :lol::guffaw::lol:

Who am I kidding, I don't date.

10. Guy Gardener

Everytime your mother causally mentions someone approximately your age inside their friend sphere, so and so's daughter, or such and such's grand daughter... You're supposed to say "Yes please, I'd like some of that."

20 -25 is when every one is trying to get married, but that all falls apart because they're children making stupid decisions, so you got all these men and women coming fresh out of their first marriage looking for something casual between 32 and 38... They don't want to get married again till their 40's when they finally come to terms that most of them are going to make it to 80 and they need some one to clean their ass and pick up their medication.

11. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I think they're pretending it's a US city. I believe Kisema is attending college in Minnesota and they all seem to live within a short drive of each other. The other thing that makes me think that is the fake police shoulder patches. It's got a couple of symbols from the US Department of Justice in the center, as if someone said, "See? It's an American police force, cause it's got American stuff in it!"

12. Guy Gardener

Even though it's being made with British Money.

13. Jaron

Jaron Captain Captain

They're not drawing much attention to it, but I think they're in Toronto. Felix keeps complaining about going to Scarborough whenever he winds up at Allison's place.

Cosima's in Minnesota; she was only in town to pick up the briefcase.

14. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I liked this last one---the mixing of Alison and Sarah's lives. I'm assuming that Kasima is allowing her monitor to get close on purpose.

Quick check: Oh. Wiki has the character's name as "Cosima;" never would have thought of that spelling.

Yeah, Vic is a total scumbag but I couldn't help feel sorry for him now that both his hands are messed up. OUCH. And couldn't help but feel a little bit sorry for the husband while Alison tortured him with her crafting supplies---but he did kind of deserve it and it was kind of a funny in a sick way.

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

What if the husband is still her monitor and he's just really good at withstanding torture. That's what was going through my head all throughout the episode last night. I don't trust him yet.

16. sojourner

^Then he's in it for the long haul, considering they went to high school together.

17. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Considering we saw him in full espionage mode burning the files in the middle of nowhere (rather than just ditching them in the trash somewhere away from home) while talking all spy-like on a phone... yeah... They even showed it in the recap.

I'm also pretty sure Sarah isn't a clone but the genetic donor (hence being able to have a child), which is why she likely doesn't have a monitor at all. They apparently just want to monitor the way the clones behave in the real world. Like whatshisface basically said, "as long as they're making their own decisions, there's no wrong choice."

Though I do believe Mrs. S. knows about her being in the experiment. Or at least suspects something, which is why she brought her to the New World. Especially now that we know the European clones were being exterminated.

18. Guy Gardener

Why would they pick a no one to be the doner?

It's probably a way cool historical figure?

Joan of Arc?

Mary of Nazareth?

Tzarina Anastasia?

Dr Quinn Medicine Woman?

19. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

There could be a town in Minnesota named Scarborough. It's a state.

There's an easy way to know for sure. What bills was Sarah issued when she cleaned out the account? Likelihood says: Canadian Dollars means Toronto, American Dollars means fake American City.

20. Jaron

Jaron Captain Captain

The Wikipedia page says Canadian dollars, and lists a couple of other hints the show is set in Toronto.