If Data Was A Female...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Jetfire, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^I think that was a joke.

But they have roots on Earth. Data doesn't belong to a species. He was built by a Human. and Seven is a Human. She wanted to stay with the collective because she felt safe and because it was all she had known, having been assilimated as a little girl.

2. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This thread has caused the mental image of a female Brent Spiner. It is a scary image.

3. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would think that nothing of that sort could scare you after you've lived through PSGarak's/EnabranTainted's Miss DS9 Universe threads... :rommie:

4. RyuRoots

Oh, you'd think. But that, combined with that smile. You know the one! From when he was dancing in the holodeck. Yeesh.

5. chakotay_lover

chakotay_lover Lieutenant Red Shirt

If data was a woman, she probable wouldnt get laid, because that would seem like a android prostitute. Unlike when data got some with luetient yar. It was a lot easy for them to make data a man. I dont think she would be as funny either, I imagine that a woman data would have even more to prove and that the charaacter would just be ruined.

6. suzzi

suzzi Ensign Newbie

he he he...thats really true if data was a female this must have rocked...

7. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Remember when he dressed up as Miss Amy in "A Fistful of Datas"?

(Trying to help your mental image along. :D)

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Isn't Data TNG's most popular character after Picard? How much more popular can he get?

9. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    If Data was a woman the writers would have never explored what it meant to be human, which was the purpose of the character to begin with. They would have just turned her into somebody's girlfriend, like they did with Troi and Crusher. It would have been the easy way out.

10. RyuRoots

I assume you've never seen most eps of TNG featuring them? That, or I'm misunderstanding your post. Troi's relationship with Riker was an ongoing character arc, and Crusher getting with Picard is only visited a few times in all of TNG.

And if you mean the romance-of-the-week junk, then EVERY character had that rubbish.

11. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well this all comes back to the fact that, at least on TV shown Sci-Fi, women are usually sex objects first, people second.

This is what happened to 7 of 9. She became a sex object first, a person second. Something similar would have happened to Data.

I'm glad they made him a guy for this and other more minor reasons.

12. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He was a sex object to quite a few teenage girls back in the day. ;)

...and, of course, to Tasha. :)