The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

So they are real! Yeah that almost never happens! I'm getting a Tyrion and Daenerys.

Also the Funko ReAction lines have been starting to trickle out...giving us a clue what to expect for the "Firefly" and "Buffy" lines. I think most fans will be pleased.

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Question for you guys: Does anyone here own any of the Dragon Age action figures by DC Unlimited (or has seen them up close) and are they any good?

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    New York Toy Fair kicks off this coming weekend. Can't wait to see the first pics from the display floor so some of the mysteries about upcoming product will finally be settled. I'm not expecting much out of the Hasbro Star Wars license that hasn't already been revealed but it would be cool to see pics of, say, the upcoming 3.75" Ree-Yees figure or the planned 6" Black Series Chewbacca.

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Grrrr. Bought a NECA Classic Xenomorph from TRU and didn't realize until I got it home and opened it that the right foot had broken off. Now I gotta go take it back and hope they'll exchange it for me.

5. cooleddie74

They should. My own TRU has been good with exchanges or store credit so long as the purchase was recent and/or you still have the receipt. I've returned more than a few items over the years and was turned down just once in all that time. Toys "R" Us is generally pretty flexible with damaged, returned product and if you literally just bought the thing I don't see any logical reason why they'd tell you no.

6. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah. I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem. I still have the receipt. I'll probably stop there before I meet a friend for a movie tomorrow.

Today, though, I have more adventures for you:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Admiral_Young

My favourite thing about this so far...aside from the plot itself of course...is the fact that you have their characterizations down pat!

8. cooleddie74

Man, you can say that again. OdoWan definitely knows these characters and can come up with some pretty fun and interesting dialogue.

9. OdoWanKenobi

Thanks. It does kinda help that most of these characters are ones I've been watching since I was old to enough to know what a movie or tv show was.

10. Admiral_Young

Looking forward to Toy Fair. Not sure what I'm looking forward to most, but I am eager to see if Funko are going to give us a first look at the ReAction Buffy and Firefly figures.

11. OdoWanKenobi

Honestly, I'm not big on the ReAction stuff. I guess I just don't go in for nostalgia in toys. I'm more interested in the Legacy line. The first couple that I have really give me high hopes going forward.

Oh, I'm also looking forward to seeing what piece of drivel Mattel tries to pass off as their "gift to the fans" for the final DC Universe figure. What? Bitter? I'm not bitter. No siree.

12. Admiral_Young

Yeah, I'm not expecting much in regard to the final DC Universe figure. Frankly, I'm not expecting much form the Buffy and Firefly line, but if they're as half decent as the other figures from other lines have been...I might partake.

13. OdoWanKenobi

It's almost certain to be the unreleased light blue Superman repaint. There's no way Mattel is sinking another dime into this. Best case scenario is it comes with an oft rumored Mxylzptlk pack in.

14. cooleddie74

I'm fairly sure that Hasbro will hold off on any really big, exciting Star Wars reveals until San Diego Comic-Con this coming summer, right around the time Rebels launches. NY Toy Fair tends to be where the company gets appetites whetted for Comic-Con and most of the stuff on display are items we already knew about but just hadn't seen any pictures of.

15. Admiral_Young

I still think we will get a couple "Rebel" sneak peaks for this weekend, but yeah you're right...we will probably get true reveals at SDCC.

I'm also interested in if we will be getting any more Amazing 2 figures. They've not really unleashed the line yet I don't think. I'm still hoping for Guardians figures too. I want a Rocket Raccoon!

16. cooleddie74

I'm guessing they're going ahead full steam with Toy Fair in spite of the nasty winter weather up in New York. If they were going to delay or even cancel the show they'd have said something by now. Game on!

17. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

Game on indeed. I love this time of year. It is like a second Christmas. Can't wait to see! CAN'T WAIT! [​IMG]

And before I forget to post about it... again... I have all of Funko's Star Trek figures now. I LOVE them. Other than some messy paint here and there they are fantastic. Hope they do more! (I need a Dr. McCoy, dammit.)

18. cooleddie74

I really need to get all those Funko Trek figures. Plus the Funko Jay and Silent Bob. :)

19. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Clint and Tasha are snowbound with me.

[​IMG]

They made a little snowman!

[​IMG]

20. cooleddie74

"Winter is coming.

Wait, hold on. Wrong franchise. Sorry."