guest characters would you like to see in Trek Lit

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Nathan, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Nathan

Nathan Commander Red Shirt

Just wondering what guest characters folks would like to see more in Trek Lit?

For me, I always wished Nicholas Locarno (from First Duty) would have been explored more in the novels.

My other pick would be Sam Lavelle (Lower Decks). I wished he would pop up more often, but I have a feeling he is more of a "Riker 2.0" hence authors don't use him much.

I did like Dr Selar, but I think PAD ruined her in New Frontier (again, even tho' I am current with the NF, I just never like the wacky/zaniness of NF, but was glad Selar showed up there.

Without going into story ideas, what guest characters do you wish you saw more of???

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

got borg'd in a short story... I think.

3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sam Lavelle was used in the TNG Dominion War novels, right?

4. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

He did indeed, in Seven Deadly Sins' Gluttony story. Of course, since that was set in 2380, I think, he probably got Caeliar'd not long after. So...happy ending?

5. Nathan

Nathan Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I read the 7 Deadly Sins Story, I still recall picking up the book and psyched that Locarno had a role only to be disappointed in the end.

6. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Okana...in a DS9 story perhaps.
    Or even an Okana/Tom Riker team-up.

7. Shon T'Hara

Shon T'Hara Commander Red Shirt

It'd be interesting if some of the kids from the Enterprise-D started popping up in novels as adults.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ruanek.

Any character played by Vaughn Armstrong.

9. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

Mirasta Yale. Got to First Contact on my re-watch of TNG on blu ray and really liked her a lot. I've always wondered what happened to her.

10. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, agreed. When I first watched Star Trek, and not entirely understanding how TV worked, I actually expected her to show up again at some point, and was disappointed when she never did.

11. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

When I think about it, I kind of hope that she'd be involved in the Re-Contact with the Malcorians in some way.

12. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Correct. He also appears in the Marvel comic "Second Contact", an X-Men crossover. And an alternate reality version of him appears in Myriad Universes - Echoes and Refractions - Brave New World.

13. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

14. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Outrageous idea! I second this.

15. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What about a prime universe version of Keenser?

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me too.
    For a while now I've thought it would be cool to get either an anthology or miniseries that showed what happened on planets of the week after the episode ended. In the shows they would show up on these planets, cause all sorts of drama, and then just take off, without really showing us the aftermath of their visit.
    They're a planet and a race rather than guest characters, but I would love to see the Full Circle Voyager books revisit the 37s planet and the Vidiians. We know from Think Tank that the Vidiians Phage was cured, that would have to have a pretty major effect on them.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always wondered how Mirasta's disappearance was explained by the authorities on Malcor...

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The flashbacks to Keenser's youth on his homeworld in Star Trek Ongoing #14 are set three years before Kirk's birth, meaning they actually take place in the Prime Universe. I'm pretty sure those scenes are the only Prime Universe content in Ongoing.

19. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

As his name was brought up in another thread, I'll mention him here: Captain George Sanders of the Starship Malinche ("For the Uniform"). Memory Beta indicates that he commanded the Malinche for at least eighteen years (2363-2381) before the ship was destroyed with all hands in the Borg invasion.

--Sran

20. DGCatAniSiri

DGCatAniSiri Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would like to see Vash reappear in a DS9 setting. I'm kind of disappointed she didn't recur there throughout the series, she seems like a character who fit right into the setting. Sure, there's the Millennium trilogy, but I'd sooner 'broad stroke' those events with modern novel continuity if it means she reappears.