X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Probably. Or else PS is holding out for the best monetary deal possible!

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Singer- Let's discuss the pay now

McKellen- 2 million

Stewart- 2 million.....and one penny

Singer-You're shrewd business man Patrick.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

His wording is interesting. He says he and Ian are under contract with Fox not to say anything. Than he says he does not know anything and is not being coy. Hmmmm not sure what that would mean? A contract from the older films?

His people are probably still negotiating. Talking about it before its finalized could undermine his people's leverage.

4. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Being disappointed with First Class (the characters, especially Xavier, were too undeveloped), I'm not excited by expanding the scope and cast (even with some being older versions of the same characters) even more. Time travel seems a bit too fantastical compared to the tone of the first two films and while The Last Stand was disappointing, depowering Rogue and Magneto and killing Xavier were some of the better elements I'd rather not have ignored or reset. Better to further develop the First Class characters in the past (eventually adding Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm) or continue with Iceman, Colossus, Angel, Kitty Pryde (and maybe Jubilee with Storm, Beast and Logan as advisers) in the future.
    If they really want to do DoFP and be close to the comics, Beast would be best as the character inhabitting his past body (Hoult and Lawrence were the best parts of FC).

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

How was Charles underdeveloped in First Class? I would say that Charles, Erik, and Mystique were arguably the heart and soul of the film and received equal treatment in terms of character development. The core of Singer's story in First Class was the Magneto/Xavier relationship and that comes out in spades in the film.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  6. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Xavier's "death" was already reset by the scene after the end credits.

7. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To me it seemed like they only had a few scenes together; some of Xavier's scenes were good but I disliked how he was basically given the idea of forming the team, the plane and Cerebro by the government, and therefore found other mutants easily (and their training was condensed to a montage); that he and the rest of the film didn't address the actual civil rights movement (implicitly suggesting the early '60s, aside from the Cuban missile crisis, was mostly about partying) also made them both seem a little too lightweight.

Brief and vague enough to be ignored ;); a lot more would have to be included to try to justify it.

8. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

This might please you then

Alan Cumming up for returning

Nothing concrete, but still nice to know...

9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Well, I stand corrected.

He doesn't say anything about difficulties with the make-up. Either I'm misremembering, it was just a fan rumor, or he's willing to deal with it this time around.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It's also possible that they could just mocap Nightcrawler this time around. No uncomfortable makeup for Cumming to deal with, then.

11. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'm up for Cumming return (ripe accent and all).

12. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

That works, too, although I'm not 100% how authentic it'll look in comparison to the make-up he had previously. But I don't care, if they can get him back, I'll be thrilled.

Still waiting for Kelsey Grammer...:lol:

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^^
    Why not, seems the wish list keeps getting checked off at this point.

So he's up for returning. I wonder if they need him back for the sake of the story they've adapted or if they could get him for a fair price they'd put him in and write him into existing scenes with a few lines.

Normally we'd most likely all be talking/complaining about how over crowded this feels with mutants, right? But somehow this feels natural and not forced for this story.

14. Admiral_Young

On the famous Days of Future Past cover Nightcrawler is shown as being "slain". They could still obviously still use Kurt somehow though, just not in the future scenes.

15. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Yeah, which is why I mentioned "how they adapted" this story. Cummings may be up to return but is it needed? A throw-a-way line would mention his fate. Heck some nod to that poster on the cover of #141 would be cool also.
    If he returned maybe a scene showing him being slain doing something brave?

16. Admiral_Young

Maybe show him in a Sentinel encounter or something, yeah.

17. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Something like this. I remember finding this a few years ago online (photoshop job, obviously.) Still pretty cool though

[​IMG]

18. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

^If they did that it'd be awesome to see a montage of them dying, sorta like the order 66 sequence in ep III.

19. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Why do you assume the story will be adapted even remotely close to the original comic? Smart money says there will be major changes.

20. Admiral_Young

^ Of course it will be different. I was just pointing out for the sake of it that in the actual story Nightcrawler is dead. We've already discussed in the thread that it is very possible the actual story will be altered as story demand requires it to be.