Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah, I was surprised to see Mommy Dearest in the Enchanted Post-Apocalypse, since it seemed that she had preceded everyone to our world.

I liked the addition of the identity barrier to leaving the town. It keeps everyone in Storybrooke, but it's more clever than a force field or tricks of fate. It brings it down to a personal choice. And it created what looks like a nice little subplot about the six dwarfs on a quest to save Sneezy.

Also good was the characterization of Regina-- she seems to have realized that she has become what she hated. I wonder where this will lead. And Rumpy doesn't like being trapped in Storybrooke. Neither of these characters are thoroughly evil, especially now, and that's what makes this interesting. There are no villains-- only characters in conflict.

Man, poor August. What will become of him?

2. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well don't forget that lost is brought to us by those did lost I just hope they don't screw it up I love this show.

3. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I did too, especially because the book had a heart on the front, nice little misdirection there!

Lots to like about this episode. I still get a kick out of all the little visual clues, like the box with the teacups on it by the Mad Hatter's car.

I liked Regina's character arc, and it's always good to see the slimy fairytale Rumplestiltskin.

Do the 'survivors' know that it's Snow White?

Speaking of Snow White I'm still amazed at the casting of Young Snow, it's just uncanny.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

It seemed like there were some gasps of recognition when she was dragged into the settlement . . ..

5. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Cora WAS the Queen of Hearts. Rumple was clearly talking about Wonderland when he gave Regina that looking glass/mirror, and it explains why Henry had to be rescued from there.

6. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anyone else notice that Robert was a bit reserved in his portryal of Rumple this episode with Regina? His voice was more even toned, less high pitch and over the top then last season. Maybe this takes place in continuity before he loses Baye? He was more calmer and sane then and he at least talked that way in this one. I hope that was the reason because I love his over the top performance of the character

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

In an interview the writers said that the people notice she looks somewhat like her, but at the same time she looks different (short hair), so they aren't sure. It's a very dark fairy tale land.

8. Greg Cox

Plus, it's not like she was on the Nightly News back in the day. I imagine that lots of people in medieval fairylands didn't know exactly what their monarchs looked like up close . . . .

9. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

In medieval times, yes. In fairytale land? Please. Nearly everyone knows. Mulan gets a free pass because she's from another land, and Sleeping Beauty gets one because she was in a coma.

10. js

js Captain Captain

I don't see why she couldn't still be - given her daughter's obsession with capturing hearts in boxes it would be great if the mother was the Queen of Hearts. It just would mean that Cora somehow escaped Wonderland when Regina's spell was cast and wound up in the corner of the Enchanted Forest that survived. Cora is a survivor - if bad magic was coming, she'd've tried whatever was necessary to "get to the lifeboats" so to speak.

Then again, given that obsession with hearts, they could really surprise us and somehow make Regina (or perhaps a twin sister that Rumpel stole since we now know Rumpel knew Regina as a baby) the Queen of Hearts herself.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really enjoyed this episode. It was nice to see Jefferson and August again. I did not expect to see Cora again after she was tossed into the Mirror. As for her being the Queen of Hearts, remember she had Jefferson working for her, and since he was affected by the curse he must have made it back to The Enchanted Forest at some point, and I'm assuming Cora made him take her with him.

12. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I like that Jefferson was reunited with his daughter.

Gramps has a lot to learn about parenting.

I guess Cora is going to be the big bad this year. I was intrigued by a glimpse of Jefferson and Regina in Fairytale Land in next week's promo.

I don't know that I buy Hook being more dangerous than Rumple.

13. js

js Captain Captain

I don't think we can count out King George as one of the baddies of the season either. Clearly he's still got issues about Charming/Snow and may try to get at them through Henry. Which would be interesting as it may put Regina in the position of protecting and helping Charming in order to protect Henry. Unless... George goes to Regina and offers to kill Charming so she can have Henry to herself and then she would have to choose their fate...

But yeah, not sure how they can make a pirate more dangerous than a magic-wielder? And is just me or did Hook look like a cross between Joseph Fiennes and Captain Jack Sparrow? :p

14. Greg Cox

Emma in Fairyland is turning out to be a lot of fun. I'm glad the writers are remembering that all this magic-and-ogres stuff is still pretty strange and new to her.

Line of the night: "Like a turducken?"

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  15. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Yep - George is going to cause trouble. I don't think we have seen George in SB since he was bringing MM up on charges. He still looked very angry.

YES! Hook did look very JF and Jack Sparrow. Eyeliner must be a pirate's must have.

I wonder why we have not seen Belle's father? Maybe we will? He and the flower van could be zipping through town.

16. RJDiogenes

I wonder if Lancelot is really dead.

Lots of nice moments in this episode, from Jefferson finding his daughter to Snow and Charming getting married by Lancelot just in time for Mom to see it happen.

And what's up with the vault? What all does Regina have stored down there? And will we ever find out who all those hearts belong to?

Ogres were cool, too. :mallory:

17. Greg Cox

I'm not sure Cora is to be trusted there. Remember, Regina told Rumple that Belle had died . . . .

18. RJDiogenes

That's exactly what I was thinking, or hoping. He's too good a character to restrict to flashbacks.

19. Greg Cox

And if we have a Lancelot . . . where is Merlin?

20. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I like how they sidestepped the religious connotations of "the cup".