Bizarro?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-first-look-at-bizarro-superman-6522

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmy3A1PCvME
    Another link to the video...

Is a link to a story way back last year about a script for a Bizarro movie.

That one will may never get made however I think a Bizarro movie could work...if only a one shot deal.

I really liked, for the most part how the character was portrayed on Smallville in season 7.

Should a Bizarro movie be made?

I would see it...even one based on the script talked about in the link...seems like something different...not the best though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2010
  2. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember hearing about this a year ago and thinking "How the hell do you do a Bizarro Superman movie without Superman?"

For an initial pitch, the story doesn't sound that bad. However, it does sound like they are shoving a lot of movie in there. Apparently this also follows on from the Donner films, which I am not sure if it'll be a good thing.

I still doubt this will ever be made. If Bizarro is ever featured in a movie, it'll be as an antagonist in a Superman film.

3. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

They should have used Bizarro in Superman 4 instead of that stupid Nuclear Man or whatever the hell they made up. I have no idea why they didn't given the fact the post crisis version of Bizarro was a clone of Supes made by Lex. Might have been a start on a better (ie not complete shit) movie, might have been nothing more than a name change.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would only want a Bizarro movie if it took place on Htrae itself. :D

(seriously, wouldn't it be cool to see what the Bizarro homeworld would look like on the big screen?)

5. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    I could go for this. It might be interesting.

6. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

Put Superman back in this and have an epic battle at the end with Superman and Bizzarro working together to stop Zod and there you have it the next Superman movie. I think it could work. Yes you would have to achknowledge the Donnerverse,but it dosen't require a whole lot of attention, just a few passing lines

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I could see this happening.

I noticed in the video the guy says it reads more like a sat morning cartoon...which is fine...taking any comic book character too seriously is just boring...it also has to be fun.

8. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

I agree. Why bother to do a Bizarro movie if you aren't going to have Bizarro World?

9. Broccoli

That'd make it bizarro!

10. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    Yep. Everything I say is bizarro. Except that. And that. And that. And that. And that.

And that.

:)

11. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Terrible idea for a movie, a film with with no Luthor, no Brainiac, no Lois, no Zod and just two fools blasting each other around the galaxy with punches
    This lame idea = silver age crap for only the hardcore Superman addicts

Big explosive effects and fights is not what was needed in Superman's Singer, it was quality written characters, a good script and quality actors that were needed

Bizarro is a yawnfest
    Imagine watching Jack O'Halloran's Non for the entire Superman movie, but you get no Zod, no Lois, no Ursa
    Just two idiots in capes brawling around the Galaxy for 120 mins

BORING

Sounds like this script is destined for the dustbin of history

12. Broccoli

Judging by the links, that would have only been the first half of the story. The second half would have included Lois, Zod, Ursa, Jimmy, etc. and have a fairly complex plot considering the material.

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

TheMasterOfOrion,

There is much more to this than just Bizarro & Superman fighting it out...it says it in the video.

It is a little out there, yes...but as the guy in the video says it reads more like a Sat. morning cartoon...which would be a fresh take.

I just feel something Superman related needs to happen now, I think a Supergirl movie would be great to do also.

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had a chance to read the Bizarro script a few weeks ago and regretted doing so...while the concept of a Bizarro film is interesting I just didn't like the way this was written nor it's attempts to refrain from using Superman (he appears as a dot or a streak in the sky and Clark is not around) Lois Lane though is a prominent character. Perry White and Jimmy Olsen are also in it.

I was reading the wikipedia article for Superman IV: The Quest for Peace and it stated that they actually filmed the Nuclear Man as Bizarro...I can't remember the reason why he was changed. There's even a picture on the article of Bizarro. I don't think it is there now. Just one of the many problems that the film suffered.

15. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^The original intention was to use Bizarro but they didn't want to pay up. Not surprising given how cheap the film was.

In the end, they did shoot scenes with Clive Mantle as the original, flawed Nuclear Man, with a kind of Bizarro-like appearance. Superman beats him easily, causing Luthor to correct the flaws by hatching the new one inside the Sun.

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That's correct yeah. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

17. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

The same way you do a Catwoman movie without Batman.

You don't.

18. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

i go see it! ;)

19. Broccoli

I can see a Catwoman movie working. Batman is not integral to origin and/or "mission".

However, considering the Bizarro is basically an imperfect copy of Superman, Superman would, logically, have to be in it in order for the titular character to be created.