Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

IDW Star Trek #1 for the ipad.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I bought some "Angry Birds" stuffed animals for my twin nieces. That's all they wanted for their birthday.

3. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Those are so damn cute! And I'm 19 bloody years old. I was thinking of getting one for my neice too, but i couldn't fine them anywhere. All the electronic shops have them on display, but no one seem to sell them? Any chance you could help me out, luv'? Where did you get 'em?

EDIT: Cant go fully off topic can we? I bought a T-shirt that says "Baby Under Construction" for my sister in law. It has the construction crane, traffic cones and everything. Pretty shaz. Tried to find a pic on google but I got nothing.

4. auntiehill

Amazon. HERE.

They sell out pretty fast though. I was lucky to grab them when I did, because I was able to get free shipping on the ones they wanted.

5. ares93

Bloody hell! These are even cuter that the ones we have over here. Chop chop, out with the credit card.:lol:

6. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

It finally arrived today: a very handsome knife indeed.

I don't actually have any tomatoes to cut, but it makes an excellent steak knife. That fork tip is very practical.

Indeed you do. :)

7. Nurse Marmalade

Nurse Marmalade Lieutenant Red Shirt

Oh...because her character got to be with Bones, that's why! I don't take to his ladies well (kidding...sorta). ;) But I have nothing against Emily Banks personally. :)

I take it that you are a big Barrows fan?

Last purchase: A "10 Reasons Why Kirk is Better than Picard" T-shirt. :D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Christopher Titus' album Neverlution (from iTunes)

9. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

my latest purchase comes today when I mail off the final payment to my lawyer ($300). Averaging $200/month for the last 18 months. He's worth every penny, but it will be good to have those monies going into savings, from here on, instead :)

10. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

2 pairs of glasses, I'll pick them up next week...
    Both are regular glasses, but 2 very different models...
    A light metallic frame and a big plastic frame, very similar to the one Charlie Sheen wore in "Major League", no skull-n-crosbones though...

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

11. Goliath

Some movies. Some books. Some pipe tobacco. Some soap.

Lots of soap, actually. My favourite soap is being discontinued, so I bought a bunch of it.

Plus, some deodorant and scented candles.

12. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Tesco grocery shopping

13. Goliath

Groceries. Lots of groceries.

My cupboard was close to bare, and my fridge looked like something from a bad sitcom about bachelors. They're both comfortably full now, though. :)

14. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got a new phone for my collection. 1978 Western Electric rotary payphone, rewired for home use.

[​IMG]

15. auntiehill

Had a LOVELY dinner at an Argentinian restaurant here in Austin. We had dark chocolate creme bruele with cayanne pepper in it for dessert. It was great-- very rich and sweet, but after a few seconds, you got a mild burning on the back of your tongue. Even hubby the spice-wimp enjoyed it.

16. ares93

^That's so cool, mate. You shouldn't tell your friends that it works without coins though. ;)

17. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Finally got the crappy cellphone pics of the phone...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

A burger and an almond croissant. A healthy dinner for me today.

19. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bought a new TV for my bedroom. My area is going through the Digital TV switchover at the moment and the bedroom TV is analogue only, so it was either a new TV with integrated digitial tuner, or a set-top box plus scart lead plus universal remote. I found a reasonable integrated small LED TV at Argos for only £110, which was a net extra cost of only another £50-60 over the total cost of the separates option, so figured it was worth it for the relative simplicity of the solution. The sound is quite tinny and not something I'd put up with in a regularly-used set, but since I only use the bedroom TV once in a blue moon, I can tolerate that in exchange for the low-cost.

It's a shame to get rid of the old TV though; I've had it 20+ years and it still works fine, but there's just no point keeping it now.

20. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I hear you, Holdfast. Most built-in speakers in TV's don't sound all that great. Better off getting yourself a stereo receiver and feeding the TV audio into the auxiliary input. These days you can get some really decent vintage 2-channel stereo stuff rather cheaply compared to the new gear, and when mated with a good set of speakers will sound as good if not better.