Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

:drool::drool::drool:

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The last two issues of Argo have been fantastic...this is already shaping up to be my favourite arc of the series so far. In part three of Argo Miller basically has taken Geoff Johns New Krypton story line and the Superman and Legion of Superheroes arc (where the Legion plucks Clark into the 31st century to help them fight Earth-Man) and ties it all in with the Zod stuff from season nine and does so brilliantly! It deals with Earth as a xenophobe planet attempting to purge itself from alien influence. Earth-Man himself is used (Kirk Neidrich). I mean this couldn't be any more brilliant...especially if you're a fan of all of these stories used from their source material. Bryan and Kelly would have frankly found a way to butcher this stuff...oh and they gave Brainiac 5 his costume as well! He is now Brainy in fact! All of this tied into Smallville's past seasons just again brilliant (I can't stop using this word). This comic brings me so much joy lol.

3. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Brainy needs to be green though.

4. Admiral_Young

^ He's close enough for me :)

5. Mike Farley

Let's see if Miller is brave enough to bring in some of the crazier Legionnaires like Bouncing Boy or Matter Eater Lad.

6. Admiral_Young

Well if he's sticking to the Superman and the Legion of Superheroes source material, and attempting to still make this plausible within the show...I doubt we'll see them, or they'll be at the very least referred to. This episode probably would be impossible to do lol. It'd most likely be reworked severely to meet the budget. It feels like a sweeps episode as well.

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm still way behind you guys, having just finished the 'Haunted' storyline. Somehow, I managed to avoid learning Bart's fate until I read it. I honestly was quite surprised by this. So the JL has lost their first member (or are we counting Carter/Hawkman? I view him as JSA). The flashback scenes with Clark and Bart were a nice homage to the show.

The closing pages of #40 was quite touching as well. I really would've liked to have seen this acted out between Ally and Tom on the show, though I'm sure it probably wouldn't have come across the same. It was a nice departure scene for my favorite character. Though I assume that she and Ollie will be back at some point, she will be missed.

8. Admiral_Young

I don't think Bart is gone for good...let's put it that way ;)

9. Admiral James Kirk

I think we'll get Bart back and probably gain Barry and Wally as well.

10. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Ah. Well, since you two gents have called some of this before and been on the mark, I'll take your speculation on faith. After all, it seems that in the comix, no one stays dead for long.

Hope to finish catching up by week's end.

:bolian:

11. Admiral_Young

The reason why I think Bart will return is because of Crisis...and a little thing like Death never kept a good Speedster down ;) Like Admiral James Kirk said I also think that Barry will appear from the Speed Force. Bart's been the key to saving the others, who I posit have been trapped in the Speed Force. I believe Bart was originally sent from the future to save them, but he was sent and lost his memory so didn't know what he was supposed to. So I think he'll be back and he'll have somehow rescued his grandpa :)

12. Admiral James Kirk

That's what I think as well. I think merging with the Speed Force will alleviate his time lag and bring The Flash into the story just in time for the Crisis to begin!

13. Admiral_Young

^ Precisely. Whew! We're both on the same page! I also think that Jay is too tired and considers himself old to have helped save Barry or Max. I think his own speed force powers were sapped, or else he would have helped out if he could.

14. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

So basically you guys are saying that Bart either went back to the future, or that he got sucked into some kind of speed-vortex that will later spit him out? Am I basically following you on this? In that case, who is going to assume 'The Flash' identity in this book? Bart or one of the earlier versions?

:confused:

15. Mike Farley

Assuming it works like the regular DCU... the Speed Force is the extra-dimensional source of all speedster's powers. But if they move too fast they can get absorbed into the Speed Force, normally never to be seen again.

I think the Admirals (and me) are assuming that Bart will somehow make it out of the Force with his predecessors in tow.

16. Admiral_Young

^ That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm also predicting that Barry is the Flash (somehow trapped in the speed force)or will be the Flash, but because Bart's memories were all scrambled when he first arrived here from the future, he took on aliases of the others because he still possessed fragmented memories of them thanks to his connection to the Speed Force. There's a bit of timey wimey stuff going on here, but yeah I think we're all basically on the same page.

17. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Oh no, not that!

:lol: :p :devil:

18. Admiral_Young

^ It's okay it's Bryan Q writing ;)

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Ah, that's a relief!

:lol:

20. Admiral James Kirk

Same page. That's exactly what I was thinking!