What episode is this? (Dr. Crusher trains for the Bridge)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by MDMart, Jul 2, 2013.

1. MDMart

MDMart Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey, I've been looking for a specific episode, but my lack of knowledge as to what happens in it, has made it quite hard to find it via google, so I'm hoping I'll have more luck here :D

All I remember from this one episode, is that Dr. Crusher is training to be able to take the Bridge's night shift, or something. In her training she is in a simulated scenario on the holodeck, and something in the ship it wrong that must be fixed, unless the Enterprise is to explode. She keeps failing the test, untill she finally realises that she has to sent LaForge in to fix the problem, though he will without a doubd not come back alive.

Hope somebody can help me out.
    Thank you for your time

2. MDMart

MDMart Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Funny, I just sat down and watched 'Thine own self' season 7 episode 16, and that appears to be the episode I was looking for.
    It is also the episode ini which Data is "stranded" on a pre-warp civilazion planet, and has lost his memory. I did not remember those two stories to be in the same episode, but oh well.
    Also I was wrong, it wasn't Dr. Crusher who was taking the test, but rather Deanna Troy who was.

So I guess this concludes this thread. Sorry for wasting your time :)

3. parallax

parallax Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey MDMart, don't worry I had fun reading your posts :)

'Thine Own Self' seems to me to show how good a character Troi could be; if only she had been consistently written as strong as she was in 'Face of the Enemy'. Anyway, hope you liked the ep as it’s a good one.