Wiped Episode Discoveries

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Jun 13, 2013.

1. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

None of which has any connection to this being the Anniversary year.

2. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

The guy really seems to have some sort of emotional/mental issues. Don't mean that as an insult but the wild vacillations are a bit extreme.

Mr Awe

3. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

What's sad is the number of people on the Gallifrey Base missing episodes thread who are now saying they only believed this rumor because Levine believed it and said he had seen proof. Of course, his proof was only ever that shipping ticket, but despite knowing how Levine behaves, they couldn't accept that he would flip-flop over evidence as shaky as that.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Eh, tank up on alcohol (or other recreationals), mix in a highly emotional situation like the recovered episodes situation and let him near a keyboard, and it's a recipe for disaster. I don't drink anymore myself much at all (Drank some Mango Margaritas last weekend for the first time in 6 months), and I don't think alcohol is necessarily needed to produce these insane rantings, but, I am sometimes glad I don't do Facebook, Twitter, etc and don't have the visibility that he does. I sometimes regret what I posted on BBS when I look at it later, I can't imagine what kind of trouble I could get myself into with a Twitter account, a highly emotional situation, and high visibility, especially if I decided to have a few drinks before getting fired up.

5. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Over the years I've seen that there are a group of people who will believe whatever he says and defend him no matter how horribly abusive he gets purely because he saved some old episodes from destruction.

Yes it's great that we have them but they don't buy him a lifetime pass to be a Dick.

6. Brendan Moody

Paul Vanezis has put a further nail in the coffin over at the Missing Episodes forum:
    Even that won't be enough for some of the people in the Gallifrey Base thread, who (until it got temporarily closed again) were busily suggesting that the TIEA denial was a lie requested by the BBC, that the wording wasn't definite enough, that there was something suspicious about the whole business. They demand official statements from everybody and their brother, poke holes in any statements that are made, and then act surprised when Vanezis and others don't bother debunking every new iteration.

7. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a recurring theme in his Doctor Who Online interview along those lines, that Doctor Who fans are horribly mean to him and they should treat him better because don't they know and understand what he's done for them by saving so much? Yet in the same interview he takes pride in having blackmailed John Nathan-Turner during the 1980s to ensure his continued access to the show. He wants people to treat him reverently as though he's a saint when he's the furthest thing from it.

8. Allyn Gibson

9. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

10. Sindatur

Ungrateful for him saying he had proof the rumor was real (After decrying the falseness of it) and then switching back again to it being false?

What is there to be grateful for? He's already gotten gratitude for his prior contributions

11. Brendan Moody

Case in point: https://twitter.com/PittTheBlogger/status/347764752015048704. Which Levine retweeted.

He's now saying he thinks something has been found after all. But he's not going to comment further. (Until the next time his mood flips.) Per someone at GB, a since-deleted tweet was "@corn_dolly TRUE FANS ???? YOU ¤¤¤¤ !!!!!! I saved directly or indirectly 53 missing episodes and asked for nothing. TRUE FANS !!!!! I QUIT". I don't know if there was more. Asked for nothing... except for people to forgive his every abusive outburst.

12. Allyn Gibson

Gratitude for his efforts at saving what we have of 1960s Who, that what he says "ungrateful" fans owe him. That's what he said in the deleted Tweet. Which I should have copied in full. :-/

There was that one, but that wasn't the one I linked to. The marked out word in that particular one rhymed with "hunt."

13. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The self-delusion being that he has always asked for something - to have his opinions taken as more important than those of A N Other Fan (and not just on episode recoveries).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yup, that's all she wrote. Alas. Until next time, of course.

What I found particularly amusing was the one poster who claimed the wording was "too definitive." Can't win for losing! :lol:

15. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

I knew I shouldn't have thrown out those 90 episodes I found last week prematurely...

Ah well. Lets move on.

16. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Can we send a probe into space to retrieve the original broadcast.. ya know like that 1985 movie Explorers ..lol

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, aside from the fact that we'd need faster-than-light drive to catch up with old radio signals... the reality is that any radio and TV signals would pretty much be indistinguishable from cosmic background noise beyond maybe a light-year's distance. You'd need an antenna the size of a solar system to be sensitive enough to detect signal information from 40-50 ly away, and it would still probably be highly degraded.

So obviously what we really need is a TARDIS.

18. Allyn Gibson

The signal would be far too degraded by now.

19. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Hence the LOL :)

20. Sindatur

Ya know, it always comes down to this, and still... none of these "true fans" can be bothered to build the damned TARDIS and go get the episodes :klingon: :scream:

And the Doctor, he's already got a TARDIS, and even he can't be bothered to get them for us :(