Spidey 3 with Vulture

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Broccoli, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember reading that the initial proposal for Spider-Man 3 was to feature Sandman and Vulture as the central villains. I was wondering how the story would have been different had this been the case. Spidey 3, as is, deals with the idea of Spidey going dark due to the black suit and causing a whole host of problems. I would imagine, this storyline would have not happened had they decided to use the original villains.

So, I ask: what does anyone think what Spidey 3 would have been like in terms of storyline with the different villain? I would imagine it would have at least involved Harry's revenge on Peter, Peter/MJ's troubled relationship, and maybe even Sandman-as-Ben's Killer. But other than that...?

Ideas?

2. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spidey 3 should have had Carnage in it as well as Venom. That is all.

Now we'll probably never get to see Carnage on the big screen, and that's a shame as he was one of my favourite villains..

3. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't see why not... particularly since there's talk of a Venom film as well as the Spiderman series continuing. Just say that Doc Conners filched a sample when Parker came to see him in the third film, and a few experiments later you've got a Carnage ready to go. In fact, I believe Doc Conners' playing around with samples of the original Venom symbiote was Carnage's origin in the Ultimate line.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

4. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

With Vulture could have had a Vulture/Aunt May romance. And then Peter being all whiny about having to beat up his Aunt's boyfriend :lol:

5. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

The original idea was for Peter's anger at Marko to be the thing that made him go dark, not the symbiote. That's why he didn't go all OTT dark like he did in the 90s cartoon when he had the symbiote: they were still operating from the initial proposal wherein the darkness would be all his own (and really more of a dark obsession than full on Darkside) and since Peter isn't really a dark dude he wouldn't go all nuts.

I think they should've stuck to the initial proposal, maybe get rid of Harry in the opening bits of the movie by having the Goblin serum make him nuts and he gets carted off to a nut bin like in the comics.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

In the comics May got it on with Doctor Octopus in the 70s, but in the movie they gave Otto Picard's Missus to moon over instead... Patrick Stewart is a silly choice for the Vulture, but what about Uncle Leo from Sienfeld? Can you imagine him yelling at Spider-Man for being a no good hippy? Althoguh considering how bad toby mumbles when he thinks he's acting, it would be ludicrous to give him a villian with a hearing issue, but if you're going to have an older guy in the story, May deserves to get some after all the shite she's gone through.

I've been told that Iron Man is made by a different set of people, but comics May was recreating with Jarvis for quite a while, who is a disembodied voice played by Paul Bettany in a movies and so gay in the Ultimate universe, but a Marvel Satan figure reversed that romance with a Faust contract and Jarvis turned out to be a Skrull impostor anyway, so it seems that she was having out of this world sex despite her frail appearance and that she can't remember a second of it... Although he might have just been hypnotizing her to think they were sleeping together to act as a cover for his ongoing shenanigans to bring down humanity and the Avengers?

7. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure they were going after Ben Kingsley for Vulture.

8. Guy Gardener

Sir Ben's certainly got the beak for the part.

9. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

I think conceptually, Vulture would have worked better than Venom because you could tie him in with the Sandman and have them working together. Venom didn't really work with a lot of people.

10. Guy Gardener

He totally hung with the Sinister Six. :)

There were just so many things wrong with that movie and it's interpretation of Venom that it's hardly fair to step all of that to blame on the comics...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Uncle Leo as the Vulture?! OMG, that would have been HILARIOUS :D If they ever do the Vulture they should rip on him mercilessly, heh. He's definitely not an A-Lister.

12. I think it was supposed to be that Sandman met Vulture in jail and they broke out together. I remember reading about that once.

edit: from wikipedia:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008