Phase II Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Duane, May 14, 2014.

1. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

I'm still annoyed that no one makes or sells a robe like the one Spock wears in Star Trek: The Motion Picture when he boards the Enterprise and in STII when Kirk visits him in his quarters. I'd love one of those!

2. Tommunist

Tommunist Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Excited to learn that Phase II will have a booth at this weekend's ComicCon in Niagara Falls Ontario. (Also, Shatner will be there Sunday!).
    Not only will they have a booth and showings of past episodes along with Q&As, the Canadian premiere of "The Holiest Thing" is set for Sunday.
    Definitely worth the short drive from Buffalo!

3. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Shouldn't Phase II have a presence at the Las Vegas Trek con?

4. jojolimited

jojolimited Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Isn't the Las Vegas official Trek con really expensive? I think STC will be there though.

5. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Expensive in an exhibitor sense? I did read that STC would be there and I thought it would be nice to see Phase II as well.

6. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes it can be. Creation like to charge a fortune sometimes for booths. Also consider travel since a lot of P2 and STC folks are on the east coast

7. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

We will be spending our limited resources on producing episodes, rather than spending the money on travel, lodging, and exhibition fees for upcoming conventions in Las Vegas or Australia.

8. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I'm sure if a free trip to Australia was offed; the phase 2 crew would go!!

9. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

We usually get invited, given a free table, some programming time, and if some of the cast or crew can afford the hotel rates, they head out with DVDs, flyers, patches in hand. This year, we've done Away Mission Tampa, Trek Trax Atlanta, the Phoenix City SF Con in Alabama, and this week, Rick Foxx is representing us at Phoenix ComicCon in Arizona. We're on the schedule for ShoreLeave in Baltimore in August. Nothing better than promoting our fan films and having fun meeting other Star Trek fans.

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

How is your relation with Creation?

11. Potemkin_Prod

Haven't talked with them in some time. They were always iffy about fanzines back then and probably true of fan films today.

12. otomo

otomo Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Well then, this thread needs a reboot and title change to "The Realities and Legalities of Producing and Distributing Fan Films."

I'd never watched many fan films til this weekend, when I've been a bit sick and perusing the nets for star trek, and came across the Phase 2 kickstarter. Watched a few episodes, and gladly contributed -- beautiful production that's worth assisting. Wish I could do more. Thank you to all of the cast and crew for keeping me amused while I was sick (goes for Interpid, Potemkin and Hidden Frontier folk too, since I watched a couple of each of those as well!) and I look forward to seeing more!

13. Potemkin_Prod

Glad to hear we helped your spirits. We should have another release soon!

14. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Glad you're feeling better, Otomo. Thanks for checking us out. :)

15. tobiasrichter

tobiasrichter Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thanks Otomo - hope you´re feeling better now!

16. AustNerevar

AustNerevar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Does anyone know if Phase II plans on anymore vignettes anytime soon?

17. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

I just checked and they made it past their 50K stretch goal to fund Mind-Sifter :)

18. tobiasrichter

tobiasrichter Lieutenant Red Shirt

As far as I know, no vignettes are planned - we´re busy finishing up exisiting episodes and filming a new one soon. But who knows what ideas come up during the next shoot...

19. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's about the same information I received when I asked PHase 2's Facebook administrator. They said no vignettes are currently being considered before they complete the current in-limbo episodes and this year's shoot is farther along in their pipeline...

A bit disappointing, but understandable. Vignettes are a great way to let lesser-seen characters or actors shine, such as Kaargh, the one with Pony Horton, and STC's Uhura/Chekov/Sulu outing.

20. AustNerevar

AustNerevar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Too bad. But, to be honest, I'd rather more work go into a quality episode than a vignette.