Who is your favourite and least favourite captain?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by garaks the best, May 4, 2013.

1. TOSalltheway

TOSalltheway Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Kirk taught me the importance of putting your crew first and yourself second.

Picard taught me that even a leader must listen to the suggestions and guidance of his advisors.

Sisko, a man of action, taught me that when it is time to act, you act.

Archer taught of the importance of exploring and learning new things.

Janeway.....ummm keep to your principles I suppose ?

If I was going into battle give me Sisko or Kirk anytime. Negaotiating mining rights with a new species, Picard.

2. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Kirk could be like that. There are times when he was nice and understanding then there were times he could be a jerk. In season three of TOS there are sometimes he seems to bite the head off of Sulu and Chekov for no reason.

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Which Kirk? *points gun*

4. xvicente

xvicente Captain Captain

My favorite is J. T. Esteban, because he was so dependable Starfleet trusted him (over Kirk who had more reasons to do it! he was there and saw everything, andhad the Marcuses+Saavik already onboard) with the most controverted mission of the galaxy (too bad his ship took a "lucky shot", but at least he never had a shrink and a kid in his bridge, was not abducted by a deity from a wormhole, never got lost in the other side of the galaxy and didnt have to found his own version of Starfleet just because the one he had wasn't good enough)

My least favorite is Captain Spock. If he had done his job properly when Kirk asked for a place where to deposit Khan (what about "The planet Ceti Alpha 5 can support life BUT further analysis show the planet 6 will explode in aprox. 6 months and lay waste to 5"? then Kirk would just say "let's find another planet then" and a lot of pain would be spared for everyone. Such science officer....).

The green-blooded hobgoblin deserved the radiation poisoning he got.

As if all that wasn't enough, he CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD, ponfarred his first supposedly protegé, mind-raped the next (and SHE was arrested!), went to Romulus, made friends there including kids, then let the ENTIRE PLANET be destroyed by a supernova, in the process causing an entire screwed timeline to form where his home planet also bought it and Kirk picks fights at bars. Now he is dating Uhura, and I bet he didnt tell the poor girl his zombie self probably impregnated the half Romulan girl but it's alright because he left her on Vulcan to be sucked by a black hole. Ugh. Won't he never stop?

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  5. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Favorite: Kirk (TOS version)
    Least Favorite: Sisko

6. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Favourite: Prime Universe Kirk - easily!

Least Favourite: Would have to be Archer (if really pushed for an answer). I don't have any particular "gripe" with the character though, and certainly don't dislike him.

7. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

Favorite: Sisko. He's the most balanced of all of them. He's a good captain, and he has a life outside of that.

Least Favorite: Archer. He just seems like he'd be a lot more comfortable in a cockpit than the captain's chair.

8. CaptPapa

CaptPapa Commander Red Shirt

Captain Kirk, of course, is my favorite captain.

9. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I'd go with either Kirk or Picard as top choice. And either Janeway or Archer for bottom. Janeway suffered from inconsistant writing which hurt her character.

10. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Sisko to win a war.

Picard to prevent a war.

Kirk to defeat a superior force one on one.

Janeway to supply the coffee.

Archer to yell at aliens.

11. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Is it even close? It's Picard!

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo[/yt]

12. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ha!
    I guess I'll have to go with Picard as my favorite.

My least favorite would be Spock(I like him as a character, but don't put him in command!)

Data was in command of a ship at least once, can I pick him for a favorite? It's hard to pick a least favorite... can we promote Chakotay to captain?

Give Archer a break, guys! He's not used to making decisions solo! Normally, he has a guy from the future HELPING him! Well, helping except when he looks crazy because people see him talking to thin air.

13. PeachyA

PeachyA Ensign Newbie

Favourite: Picard, without doubt.
    Least favourite: Jellico. In my opinion you can be a strong leader without being a douchebag, apparently he didn't share this idea..

14. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Favorite: CAPT Jean Luc Picard - Superb leadership style.

Least: CAPT Benjamin Sisko - He had two speaking styles. Low mumbling on one end of the spectrum and loud enunciating the shit out of his words while screaming on the other.

15. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

^^^
    I never had any problem understanding Sisko. He generally spoke in a calm easygoing manner, but his voice could be like thunder whenever he was incensed and/or in a crisis situation.

16. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Favorite is Kirk, both of them. I like Shatner's Kirk in the movies better than on TOS (he had a certain amount of cheese to him in the series, but matured well in the movies), and I like Pine's different take on Kirk. Both have good command presence.

Least favorite is Archer. I don't dislike him, but he seems to not have as much of a command presence, and also something about his mannerisms reminds me of George W Bush at times, and I can't stand GW Bush. Oddly, so does Trip~in fact if they ever do a movie about Bush, they need to get Conner Trinneer to play him.

17. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Lieutenant Red Shirt

There is a movie about Bush...it's called W. Personally, I would have called it "Dubya".

18. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I meant another movie. Maybe that one could be called Dubya, if ever made.

19. CommanderRyan

CommanderRyan Ensign Red Shirt

Def. Picard is my most fav. and hard to say who I like least because each captain had there own unique way of commanding there ship. It would be either Benjamin Sisko or Katherine Janeway but I like them enough that I don't really wanna refer to them as my least favorite.

20. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Good one! :lol:

I don't want to vote yet since I haven't seen all of TOS or ENT.

From what I've watched (VOY, DS9, and TNG)....I have to say I love both Janeway and Sisko, although I think Janeway has more personality. Also like Picard of course.

Sooooo....Can I also vote for Captain Proton? I don't dislike anyone!