Assassin's Creed III

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JarodRussell, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ick no, being able to run around historic cities is the real attraction for me. If the whole Abstergo framing story didn't exist I wouldn't care one bit. I only like the virtual reality nature of it insofar as it provides a plausible explanation for all the video game-y aspects, (you don't lose health/die, that's just you losing sync with your ancestors' memories, the time jumps, etc.)

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed AC & AC II but the I got franchise fatigue mid way through Brotherhood, so never played Revelations. I used Wiki & Youtube to find out what goes on incase I play III which I might but not till 2013. AC was meant to be a trilogy and I just felt Ubi milked the thing too much.

3. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

^ They will continue to milk it until it is a dry husk. AC is Ubisoft's cash cow and they'll run with it until it is no longer profitable. I bet they've already began working on the next installment.

4. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok, I still haven't played any of the Assassin's Creed games. Totally intend to, but I have an impressive backlog. Evil George Washington looks freaking awesome though.

CorridorDigital did a cool short based on the game:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gEFv58vt2w[/yt]

My best friend from high school is one of the ill-fated reenactors :techman:

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Probably the next two no doubt

Assassin's Creed: World War I

Assassin's Creed: World War II

Assassin's Creed: Modern Warfare

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I honestly think a present-day Assassin's Creed game could be really neat.

Assassin's Creed: Rockin' the Suburbs

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'd still like to see an Assassin's Creed set during the Warring States period of Japan in the late 1500s. The European presence was still pretty strong in Japan at that time (prior to the Tokugawa shogunate isolating the country). And Oda Nobunaga would make for a perfect Templar antagonist.

9. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like today through Friday on Steam you can get all of the games together for the low low price of $38.74. DO EET!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14728/

10. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tempting. I have the first one for Xbox that I snagged for like 10 bucks like 3 years ago now. Maybe I'll throw it in this weekend. From what I understand it's not a particularly long game, but the sequels really improve on the original which has a lot of flaws. Will try to play with an open mind.

Seems like more of a console game to me. There's a 3 pack of the other games I don't own that is either coming or is already available for PS3 which sooner or later is going to be on a nice sale. I'll at least wait for Steam holiday sales before biting on anything. The multi game packs especially are always crazy good deals.

11. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/oct/25/assassins-creed-3-preview?newsfeed=true

Just read that preview (not a particularly good preview tbh) and glanced at the comments. Depressing. The Easily Offended Brigade are stil whining about the fact that Connor will spend a lot of time killing British soldiers.

Urgh. I've killed plenty of germans, americans, arabs and extra terrestrials in videogames. Quite happy for my fellow brits to get some stabby action too.

12. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't say the original has a lot of flaws, but one big one: it's rather repetitive. The sequels introduce a lot more variety in the missions.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I need it to be tomorrow.

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I don't work from Wednesday to Sunday so I'll have plenty of time to play this and NFS:MW. ;)

15. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm holding out for the PC version...is proving to be difficult! I'd love to dig into it right away.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Just got back from buying it. I don't know if I should start playing it or not because I have to work in a few hours, and I have a feeling I'm going to be cranky when I have to put the controller down.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I just started downloading my copy.

18. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would have bought this game if it was historically accurate. Yeah I get to fight with the Founding Fathers except most of them were Free Masons who are associated with the TEMPLARS! WTF?! So I'm fighting for the Templars now:wtf:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Freemasonry

As for the slaughter that began the story, Colonists and their militia were responsible for more deaths of native americans than the British. That's why native tribes like the MOHAWKS sided with the British.

Wouldn't it be cool if you were an Assassin fighting for the British against the rebel colonist who were secretly controlled by the Templars. Benjamin Franklin could be your nemesis. Of course Ubisoft loves money more than history so we get AC the American (Lame) Revolution version.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I bought it because I want to assassinate people with a tomahawk.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't know the entire story, but wasn't it revealed in one of the previous games that

George Washington
    was a Templar? I think it would be interesting if Connor thinks he's working for the good guys, and then it turns out he's been fighting for the Templars all along.