Cartoon Network News-New & Returning Shows

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cylkoth, Jan 28, 2013.

1. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

CN will forego the industry ritual of having a ''Upfront'' presentation to advertisers this spring, in favor of venturing door to door so to speak, with meetings directly with sponsors, touting their new wares for the year.

Coming this yesr-
    Teen Titans Go!: Featuring the return of Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg in all-new, comedic adventures, Teen Titans Go! will premiere in April 2013. Character-driven comedy is the order of the day as this new take on the superhero series focuses on the funny business that happens between saving the world and living together as teenagers without adult supervision. The series stars the principal voice cast from the original Teen Titans, and is produced by Warner Bros. Animation.

Beware the Batman: A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, Beware the Batman incorporates Batman’s core characters with a rogue gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form. Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordstress Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City’s criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a “Batman show.” Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals, Beware the Batman, based on characters from DC Comics, is coming to Cartoon Network’s DC Nation block in Summer 2013.

Deadline has some details, but notably absent, is any word on whether Clone Wars will be part of their lineup. And a list of returning shows, Young Justice isn't among them.
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/car...n-front-meetings-with-buyers/#comment-4805631

Nothing definitive, but troublesome for us alarmists. :wah:

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you think that Yoda series might take over for The Clone Wars? It sounds like it's just going over the same territory, not sure why a new series is needed when they could just do more Yoda stories in TCW.

Maybe when everything moves to Disney, they'll start expanding the subject matter. A cartoon series with the OT characters seems like the world's most obvious move.

3. cylkoth

A LEGO Yoda series may appeal to the younglings the network caters to, but I can't see it as a weekly myself.

Oh, and I completely forgot about Thundercats. Looks like that's one and done.

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Yeah that's been whispered as being cancelled for a few months now.

5. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I like Teen Titans, but brining it back and not focusing on the actual superhero stuff seems like a stupid idea, especially since it looks like the excellent Young Justice is being removed to make room for it.

I want to like beware the batman, but it looks like it has horrible CGI animation. If it has good writing, i'll still like it (I hope its more Batman - TAS than The batman) but I really hate CGI cartoon animation, especially when its done badly (like GL). I may not like The Clone Wars because its writing is just not very good, but atleast they put effort into the animation/look of the show.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Sad to see no mention of GL, but I guess it was expected.

7. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I really liked Green Lantern: The Animated Series, but without a toyline, it really needed to be among their highest-rated shows to survive, IMO (decent or okay ratings wasn't going to cut it)...

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Mystery Incorporated is on the returning list. :bolian:

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I assume Young Justice is officially over?

10. cylkoth

^^ We're all waiting to hear something official. But it seems likely.

11. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Serious question...why would a show like Mad get renewed but not Young Justice? I doubt Mad has a toy line.

Plus CN seems to have a real problem with adventure shows that aren't made by lucasarts. Are only comedies allowed now?

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    :)

I guess they're getting the viewers, it's a similar situation at Disney XD and Nick.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just recently got into "Mad" and I really like it! It's got a lot of comic book / tv / movie stuff that I love!

14. cylkoth

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I couldn't help but notice this:

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn. I loved both GL and YJ. I just hope Beware The Batman can at least come close to their quality.
    All I can of when I see the Unlce Grandpa title is scary inbred mutants.

17. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Sooo... what are they gonna do on the off chance the video game's a big success?

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

What the HELL is up with Batman's head in the new series????? :wtf:

That's a shame about Young Justice, it was an interesting show. I loved how many characters were in the mix. Much as I love the Green Lantern comic, I was never crazy about the animated show.