Opinion: Jem Hadar vs TOS/ENT Augments

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Photon, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

Which is stronger, smarter, better killing machines?

2. JB2005

JB2005 Commodore Commodore

What do you think?

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I say the Wookiee.

4. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

Equally matched, now you

5. JB2005

An augment, they have more brains than a Jem Hadar

6. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not if Khan is anything to go by.

7. JB2005

Why's that? Khan wasn't exactly stupid...

8. CorporalClegg

Yes he was.

He was a total moron. Which is why TWOK fails as a film. But I've beaten that horse to death.

9. GemHaters

GemHaters Captain

I want to say the Jem'Hadar, because, well, they're bred to fight/kill. However, the Jem'Hadar are nothing without the Vorta, so leaderless Jem'Hadar verses Khan Singh and his group of cronies with their "superior intellect", I would have to put my money on...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvrI3wy_TGk&feature=related[/yt]

10. CorporalClegg

Ramata'Klan would have a word with you. He knowingly walked strait into an ambush and still managed to display more cunning and guile than any augment ever did.

11. RyuRoots

The "superior intellect" that apparently prevents Khan from planning more than 10 minutes in advance?

12. GemHaters

GemHaters Captain

Well, seeing as how the Eugenics Wars costed 30 million lives, and Khan was a survivor, I think that speaks to his military genius. The fact that he lost to the greatest Starfleet Captain of all time says nothing.

13. Saito S

Saito S Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Spot on. :lol:

I know we're in the minority, but I never liked Khan, or "Space Seed", or TWOK. As a villain, he just seemed LOUD AND BRASH but without the ability to plan more than half an hour ahead.

Jem'Hadar weren't exactly idiots, anyway. "One Little Ship", in particular, showed that they can be quite a bit more intelligent than one might think.

As far as fighting ability, both seem a bit overrated, and as is often the case in Trek, one species/character supposedly being "made for fighting" or having "x times the strength of a human!" doesn't really mean all that much during an actual fight.
    Pretty big exaggeration.
    Also Omet'iklan, from "To The Death". Weyoun only thought he was keeping the secret of the gate from the First and his men, and was later killed essentially for underestimating them.

14. RyuRoots

It speaks to having a backstory that makes more sense than the awful writing of his character. He acts like a buffoon with no ability to plan and a minimal ability to strategize at best. It has nothing to do with losing to Kirk specifically.

15. Saito S

Saito S Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Third greatest. :shifty:

16. CorporalClegg

First of all, he actually "Lost" to Spock. Secondly, he didn't really lose. He stupidly blew himself up while "the greatest captain of all time" helplessly sat on his fat ass wondering what the hell to do.

Thirdly, Ryu hit the nail on the head. Everything that pertains to Khan's "intellect" was told and not shown. That's the number one no-no of film making and something only n00bs do. And people call Meyer a great director. :lol:

17. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jem'Hadar because they do not care if they die, they see themselves as replaceable. Augments are much more intelligent but their self preservation would make them a lesser foe.

18. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Jem'hadar- they don't need food and they're born with intellegence. Also an augment still needs years to mature but a Jem'hadar needs a matter of days.

Jem'hadar are stronger and have more than one heart as well as scales (armour).

19. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

Based on Khan, I'd say the Jem'Hadar are smarter and stronger.

Khan only temporarily succeeded in Space Seed because a treasonous woman on the Enterprise was hot for his body. If his supposed intelligence and strength were real, he would have used them instead.

As well, if Khan was as intelligent and strong as everyone says he is, Kirk would have needed at least ten episodes to defeat him, rather than merely a pitiful one.

In Star Trek II, Khan again is supposed to be super intelligent and strong, yet he again behaves like a moron and that is why he is again defeated in no time.

As for Jemmies, some of them are stupid as well. However, they also have competent leaders among them. That cannot be said for Khan's cronies, who were all useless.

20. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like the way you think. :D

However, don't say that out loud in front of your Jems. They are sensitive and easily hurt.

Okay back on topic - Jems aren't stupid by any stretch of the imagination. They just have very simple and straightforward goals in life.