Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't wait to see her in costume. WW has the hottest superhero costume!

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nice little bait and switch on the cradle robbing.

Affleck "I'm too old for you Wonder Woman, I'm over 40."

Gadot "Dude I'm 3000 and 40."

3. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I thought it was the Human Torch.

4. Guy Gardener

She definitely got hotter when Galactus levelled her up to Nova.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Question: How is her name pronounced? I've been assuming "Gah-doe," but that'd be the French way and she's Israeli.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Frankly I kinda wish they would ditch Batman and just make this a Superman/Wonder Woman movie. I'm looking forward much more to seeing those two on the big screen together than Bat and Supes.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hell, I'd rather they ditched Batman and Superman and made a damn Wonder Woman movie already.

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I've never seen her in anything but I really hope they get her a good personal trainer. I don't expect (or want) her to look like a female body builder but it would nice to see her with a more athletic build.

9. Guy Gardener

Considering the strength of the Paul Walker thread, and that she's been in the last two Fast and Furious movies... Unless it was an incredibly minor role... Regular "people" should know who she is.

10. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm still waiting.

11. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thank you, Marvel Studios, for the push.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It was a minor role. She probably got the least screen time of the entire ensemble.

13. Dark Gilligan

Dark Gilligan Writer Fleet Captain

That was revealed to be a lie in the current series. Hippolyta had an affair with Zeus back in the day and became pregnant. In order to protect the infant Diana from Hera's rage (Zeus fathered quite a lot of children out of wedlock) Hippolyta made up the "magic clay baby" story. Diana found out the truth a year or two ago; as the daughter of Zeus she is a goddess by birthright and a member of the royal Olympian family.

14. Gov Kodos

I'm sure that will stick like every other new writer's bold new direction for Wonder Woman has stuck.

15. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Once Hera learned about DNA testing, Zeus was in hot water.

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

It'll be interesting to see how much of the origin they actually touch on in this movie. I almost think it's not really even necessary to show. Just have Diana appear in the middle of some climactic battle scene, and keep her as this somewhat mysterious figure that Clark and Bruce are completely perplexed by.

Much like Johannson with Black Widow, Gadot should be able to convey through her attitude and personality as much as we really need to know about the character (at least until things are fleshed out a bit more in the JL movie). I mean, she's a kickass Amazon warrior from another realm. What more from her past is it really necessary to know?

17. Gov Kodos

Yes, leave off the origin in detail. She's an Amazon and daughter of Hippolyta of legend, let the audience fill in the details themselves. The comics have been obsessed with defining her origin of late. Don't bring that madness to the movies.

18. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

I'm not familiar with the actress, but looking at those photos of her I'm not seeing Wonder Woman. I don't feel Wonder Woman needs to be overly muscular, but she looks like a strong breeze could knock her over.

I'll wait until I see her in costume before I really decide how I feel about this casting choice.

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Disappointed, but we'll see how it goes. S&B is either going to be a spectacular film or a spectacular train wreck.

Which Wonder Woman actress are we alluding to here...?

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

She looks that way because that's what models are expected to look like. They generally don't come that way to begin with, but make an ongoing effort to keep their weight down. An actress hired to play a superheroine, by contrast, will naturally adopt a different training and dietary regimen in order to bulk up.

That's a good question. Fan films and parodies aside, the only prior actresses to play Wonder Woman in live action have been Cathy Lee Crosby, Lynda Carter, and Adrianne Palicki.