who the fff... put Troi in that outfit??

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Dal Rassak, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal Rassak

Dal Rassak Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Now THAT I wouldn't have minded at all...!

2. asp7485

asp7485 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I always thought it would have been cool if we saw another random character who wore a VISOR at some point. It also would've been fun to see another character in the Troi catsuit.

3. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I second this, 110% :techman: Would've been the best of worlds, being clearly a Starfleet uniform, while cover that sex appeal quota. (Ditch the perm, though).

They never did explain why Worf's allowed to wear that baldric, did they?

Miniskirt not flattering? What show were YOU watching???

Check out Total Recall if that's your thing.

Geordi's VISOR isn't an "acessory". That's like calling a wheelchair or a cochlear implant an "accessory".

Calling Data's yellow skin an "accessory" is even more ridiculous.

Tasha didn't have anything, BTW. And it does make sense for a doctor to have some sort of lab coat.

4. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Possibly the opposite of a standard uniform. One can assume that since it was necessary to put the word "Standard" in front of the word "Uniform" that alternatives might exist, or he could have just said "I'd appreciate it if you'd wear a uniform while on duty"

5. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

Personally, I’m more taken with the plunging neckline in the remainder of S1 than the miniskirt in the pilot. As it is said, different strokes for different folks.

Wesley’s gray jumpsuit of S2-S3 is rather attractive, IMO. It’s the rainbow sweater of S1 that really looks stupid.

“Ugly as hell”? I love Marina Sirtis in that outfit!

I think Data was also inspired in large part by Xon from Star Trek: Phase II.

Roddenberry was a man before his time. If he were living today and creating a series for Showtime or Starz, I’m sure we’d be treated to lots of boobies and merkins.

6. Mojochi

Blech! An outfit so drab, flat, & awkwardly tailored that they had to throw on a cummerbund that pointed to her crotch, just to keep her from blending into the scenery

Looks like she should be painting bathrooms on a Romulan space station

[​IMG]

And those were the best examples I could find of it. The rest were like gray blurs

7. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

No, and when Ens. Ro beamed on board Riker read her the riot act about recognizing uniform regulations and made her remove her [religious] ear ring.

All while Worf was wearing his warrior sash and Troi was mincing about the bridge in her robe.

8. t_smitts

See, now if they'd just kept Troi in that "Encounter at Farpoint" outfit (or some mini-skirt equivalent from season 3 on), we'd all be happy.

9. Mojochi

Actually, she needed a better fitting than the S1 skant. That S7 skant was waaaaay more flattering on her

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I really could have tolerated her wearing that S7 one the whole time, probably not Tasha or Ro, but a counselor... maybe

10. t_smitts

Well pilots are all about figuring out what works and what doesn't. I'm sure any decent wardrobe person could fixed that skant for future episodes. No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

11. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I always did think there was some double standards when it came to Worf and his baldric--what made him so special that he got to wear it on duty?

12. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm thinking it wasn't so much about the earring than about discipline. Remember, Ro hadn't exactly been a model officer.

13. Riker's Libido

Riker's Libido Lieutenant Junior Grade

She's hot. I have never thought about it past that.

I can't stand it when she starts wearing the official uniform.

14. Riker's Libido

Riker's Libido Lieutenant Junior Grade

Easy access for Pimpdaddy Riker. Bam, time to get some turboshaft in the turbolift.

15. Mojochi

Of course. Riker dodn't like her & decided to flex some douchebag muscles, even though it's obvious it was posturing & not strict code aboard their ship

I only wish I could have seen the air get let out of his balloon, when Picard joked with her about it at the end

16. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

Droids don't tear your arms out of their sockets when they loose...

17. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

Yes. He couldn't have been the only one. It would have made a good episode. Also, in games like STO it's established that 7 of 9 is not the only liberated Borg. Well, technically, Picard is, but he had no real lasting effects besides a hot-temper whenever they come around. It would have been interesting to see OTHER liberated Borg and how they cope.

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Didn't the VOY writers already do that with the liberated Borg children on that show?

19. Mojochi

It's possible he's one of the few still using it though. They come to him almost from the beginning & tried to convince him to get ocular implants, but he wouldn't. I'd think that makes him rather rare. Most folks would want the new eyes... maybe

20. SoM

SoM Captain Captain

Well, that would be one thing if she spent most of a day in her office, the way Dr Crusher was usually in sickbay while on duty or Geordi (S2-on) was in Engineering. But her main place was right in the centre of the Bridge!

Anything in the Starfleet handbook as acceptable for certain roles/functions/etc only. Scotty in TWoK wears a non-standard uniform in Engineering, for instance. Dress uniforms (already mentioned) are another good example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.