Could a follow-up call saved the city? [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cadet49, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Cadet49

Cadet49 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

After Spock beamed over the torpedos to Vengeance, should he have
    contacted Khan to let him know his crew was not dead, that Spock still had them aboard the Enterprise? With his vessel defeated and powerless, and his crew alive aboard the Enterprise, Khan may not have attempted his crash into San Franscisco, with looked to me like a crazed attempt to avenge his crew, which he thought Spock had killed. Could Spock have saved a lot of lives in the city by making follow-up contact? Yeah, you could argue Spock was trying hard enough to keep the Enterprise from crashing herself, but a one sentence follow-up call might have helped?

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Had Khan known his people were safe, no way would he have crashed the ship - but both ships were crippled (almost everything failed on the Enterprise, likely including communications) and I'm not sure Khan would have answered the space phone anyway.

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Did Khan actively crash the Vengeance or did he just steer it?

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

He told the computer to take him to Starfleet Command. Computer took him literally.

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I gotta do a re-watch. I wasn't sure of the Vengeance was already going to crash like the Enterprise.

Both ships were in bad shape, the Vengeance could have been pulled in by gravity.

And yeah, I'm sure Khan wanted to crash into Command at that point.

6. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

I think the last thing Spock wanted was to get more of Khan's attention on the Enterprise.
    He had no idea what reserves Khan had at his disposal. Khan had designed the Vengeance hadn't he - he could have lots of unknown Section 31 gadgets hidden away. He'd already threatened to kill everyone aboard the Enterprise to get to his people. The Enterprise was in enough trouble.

And frankly (I'm a horrible person I know) didn't care that much about random people killed in San Fran by the crashing Vengeance. After all I didn't know any of them. :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  7. F. King Daniel

LOLguy deserved what he got:p
    [​IMG]

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there some sort of hidden meaning in all these guys smiling at inappropriate times in the movie? That guy in the picture above, the redshirt in sickbay when Kirk's corpse was brought in. What could it all mean?

9. F. King Daniel

"Wee! The Captain's dead, we all get promotions!"

10. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Little do we know we're actually witnessing the formation of the Mirror Universe.

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Never noticed the alien before...

12. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

I think the Vengeance could maneuver and Khan wanted to collide with the Enterprise but because of the dodgy engines he missed and so he decided to destroy Starfleet instead.

13. F. King Daniel

Simon Pegg seems to think so:p

"I had this idea. I think the we might all be the mirror [universe] crew." Perhaps in the third movie, we'll see that "something's going to go to shit, we're all going to turn bad, Spock's going to grow a beard, and we're going to meet ourselves. That could happen."